As one of the top subscription and revenue management software in the market, Chargebee is an efficient and robust platform.
It integrates with numerous tools and payment gateways, has automated recurring billing, and comprehensive analytics among other impressive features.
Why consider Chargebee competitors then, you may ask.
Despite its stellar reviews, Chargebee may not be the best fit for your business, probably because:
- You’re on a budget and would prefer a cheaper, yet effective alternative
- You run a small business and are looking for essential features only
- You’re looking for more robust features than Chargebee can offer
- You’re looking for specific integration capabilities that Chargebee lacks
- You want more detailed analytics
If this sounds like you, then you are in the right place. This post discusses Chargebee's alternative subscription management tools to consider.
Here’s an in-depth look into each of these Chargebee competitors.
Top 11 Chargebee Competitors & Alternatives
Depending on your business needs, you should find a tool here that works best for you. Let’s go through them all to find the right fit for your business.
Image via Zuora
Zuora is a leading subscription management and revenue automation tool you can consider in place of Chargebee. This is especially so if you’re looking for a powerful Chargebee competitor to scale your enterprise.
This Chargebee competitor is a collaborative platform that lets you bill both recurring and one-time customers, collect revenue, and manage your subscription prices.
The tool tracks your customer data and their behavioral patterns, helping you do more than just sell and receive payment. This information can help your customer support team and marketing campaigns.
Zuora lets you manage your invoices, as well as your sales channels; like ecommerce, direct sales, partner sales, etc, from one platform.
You’ll also be able to receive your payments easily, as this Chargebee competitor supports many different payment methods, like card payments and other payment gateways. Its integration with third-party tools like Salesforce also enables you to combine the functions of ERP and CRM systems.
- Zuora produces detailed analytics and reports
- The tool has an effective dunning management function to reduce churn
- It supports multi-period recurring billing
- The tool processes subscription billings and customer payments
- It has a comprehensive metrics-tracking tool
- Enables tax automation for easier filing
- Supports multi-currency transactions
- Zuora has a user-friendly interface
- It has a Salesforce integration as well as with other major CRM tools
- It has no defined pricing plan
- Intermediate to advanced
- It’s easy to use with a slight learning curve
- You’ll need to contact sales for pricing details.
2. Stax Bill
Image via Stax Bill
Formerly Fusebill, Stax Bill is another of the many Chargebee competitors you may want to analyze if you’re looking for subscription management software.
For one, it’s slightly less expensive compared to Chargebee. While Chargebee’s lower package costs $249/month billed annually for $600K annual revenue, Stax Bill’s lower package costs $199 for $500K annual revenue.
You can scale your business with this Chargebee competitor’s automated billing, invoicing, dunning management, and reporting features. You’ll be able to automate your subscriptions fast from your renewals to your registrations and simplify running your business.
With recurring billing capabilities, Stax Bill saves your business lots of time. You’ll be able to track your finances as they come in and use this data to further boost your business performance.
As for your recurring revenue, Stax Bill manages it, ensuring automated compliance with the ASC 606 guidelines. And to make sure you give your customers various payment options, the Chargebee competitor integrates with major payment gateways.
- It simplifies subscription lifecycle management
- Stax Bill contains a customer self-service portal
- It supports recurring billing and automation
- Has a recurring revenue recognition and compliance management function
- The tool produces comprehensive subscription data and analytics
- The dunning management function is available
- It supports integrations with accounting and marketing management software like Salesforce and other Salesforce alternatives.
- It has fast and responsive customer support
- The tool integrates smoothly with third-party software
- It’s a costly software
- Easy to use
- Starter: $199 per month billed annually
- Growth: $499 per month billed annually
- Pro: Custom
Image via Recurly
Recurly was founded in 2009 to help businesses manage subscriptions across various industries such as SaaS, media, health, and more. It’s an intuitive recurring billing software that uses machine learning to simplify subscription management.
This Chargebee competitor has robust reporting and analytics capabilities. One is its revenue recognition statistics, which are extensive, unlike most other subscription platforms. Such analytics can help you achieve a lot of success for your business.
For instance, you’ll be able to minimize churn, maximize conversions, and make more informed decisions. Recurly also comes with a flexible dunning management tool that lets you send notifications to clients on failed payments.
As opposed to Chargebee, Recurly is better suited for smaller businesses. This is one of its competitive advantages — small businesses can scale on this platform.
If you’re looking to grow your small business faster with a tool that takes away the burden of your subscription needs, Recurly might just be one of the best alternatives to Chargebee.
- This Chargebee competitor allows for unlimited subscription billing plans
- It’s an automated subscription lifecycle management tool
- The subscription platform supports over 20 payment gateways
- It has a payment gateway failover prompt that re-routes transactions to an alternative gateway
- Recurly integrates with a wide range of third-party business intelligence software
- You get comprehensive data insights and analytics
- Global payment support is available
- It supports global payment processing
- The tool has an intuitive user interface
- Difficult to regenerate invoice after setting up
- Intermediate to advanced
- Easy to use
- Core: $199/month billed annually
- Professional: Custom price
- Elite: Custom price
Image via Younium
Younium is a powerful subscription management and billing solution that’s purpose-built for B2B SaaS businesses. It’s the perfect Chargebee competitor that has something to offer to the sales, finance, and management departments of a business.
If you are a B2B SaaS business, Younium truly stands a cut above the rest. Since the platform is solely meant for B2B companies, all its features are designed to suit your needs perfectly.
And the best part about this platform is that its features aren’t just restricted to managing your subscriptions. Instead, you get a whole lot of features related to tax compliance, reporting, billing, and finances.
Younium’s advanced product/price structure allows B2B businesses to create all kinds of pricing models seamlessly. From tax compliances and credit notes to prorated billing, it’s got all the features B2B businesses need.
If needed, you can run all your subscription business Accounts Receivable in Younium as well. With its powerful analytics features, you can learn about your MRR, ACV, churn, renewals, and more. Reporting becomes an automated process instead of wasting hours.
- Multi-legal entity and multi-currency support
- Automated recurring billing
- Audit trail and versioning
- Bank reconciliation
- Automated booking with ACV, CMRR, and TCV
- Integrations and API
- Integrates with the most popular applications and offers APIs for the rest
- Granular data is available in analytics
- Works extremely well for B2B businesses as it’s purpose-built for you
- Great support for localization/internationalization
- Pricing information isn’t available easily.
- Has a slight learning curve.
- Connect with the team for a free demo and pricing information.
Image via Stripe
Stripe is a three-in-one tool — a payment gateway, a payment processor, and a subscription billing solution. While it may not be the best of Chargebee’s competitors, if your subscription needs are minimal, Stripe may be all you need.
First, Stripe is more of a payment processing solution than it is a subscription billing solution. As one of the best online payment service providers, it’s suitable for all types of businesses, large and small. You can easily integrate it with other subscription management tools for this sole function.
However, its subscription billing solution, albeit not as advanced, contains just enough features for some small businesses. Therefore, if you’re not looking for a complicated subscription solution, Stripe could be the best option.
It’s a cheaper competitor too and does not have fixed monthly fees for recurring payments.
This Chargebee competitor has essential reporting and analytics such as revenue reports and schedules for key metrics like MRR and churn. It also integrates easily with popular accounting tools like Xero.
According to customer reviews, this tool also has responsive customer support, accessible via phone, email, and live chats.
- This Chargebee competitor supports different subscription plans
- It allows for upgrades, renewals, and downgrades as needed
- It supports different payment types including all major credit and debit cards
- You can transact in over 135 currencies globally
- You get reports and analytics containing key SaaS metrics
- It supports integration with major accounting software
- Stripe is cheaper as there are no fixed monthly charges
- It’s suitable for small businesses accepting recurring payments
- It has limited reporting features
- It’s not robust as a subscription billing solution
- Only supports Stripe as a payment gateway
- Easy to use
- Offers pay-as-you-go pricing at 2.9% + 30 cents per successful card charge
- For custom pricing, contact the sales team.
6. Zoho Subscriptions
Image via Subscriptions
Zoho Subscriptions is an innovative recurring billing software which is a part of the larger Zoho suite. This Chargebee competitor contains crucial features for subscription businesses such as multi currency invoicing capabilities and powerful reports and analytics tools.
Zoho Subscriptions comes pre-integrated with Zoho Books, accounting software in the Zoho business intelligence suite. This way, if you were considering Zoho software, then you will not need an accounting integration.
Another notable feature of this tool is its dunning management capabilities. It also has a free package, letting users test its features, and make sure it’s what they want before committing financially.
Zoho Subscriptions has a simple interface that’s easy to learn and operate, which is good for startups.
Here’s why this tool makes it to the list of Chargebee’s competitors. It has a wide range of pricing options suitable for businesses of all sizes. Small businesses or low-budget users are likely to find a package that suits them too.
- This Chargebee competitor automates subscription and recurring billing management
- Zoho Subscriptions is known for its detailed subscription reports and metrics
- Consolidated invoices for multiple customer subscriptions
- You get free Zoho Books, a Zoho accounting solution
- It has dunning management capabilities like billing reminder emails
- Multiple payment gateway support and multiple currency support
- You can interact with the user interface seamlessly and set it up easily
- It's easy to understand the reports
- The tool provides billing reminder emails
- It comes pre-integrated with Zoho Books which may not be convenient for some businesses
- Beginner to intermediate
- Easy to use
- Free: $0 per organization per month billed annually
- Basic: $49 per organization per month billed annually
- Standard: $99 per organization per month billed annually
- Professional: $249 per organization per month billed annually
- Enterprise: Custom
Image via Billsby
For small firms or startups that are just getting started, this SaaS billing software can be an ideal alternative to Chargebee. If your company is developing and your price requirements aren't yet very complex this less expensive tool will fulfill your subscription needs just right.
With Billsby, you can create different billing plans for your customers, make promotional additions, add coupons, etc. Billsby also features a self-service subscription portal where your clients may manage their accounts.
Simple as this Chargebee competitor may be, it covers every important aspect of subscription billing your small business needs.
The tool provides seamless integrations with other tools too. For instance, accounting tools like Xero and QuickBooks, Zapier, WordPress, and more. You’ll also be able to track your subscription and revenue activity with its reporting and analytics tool.
- You can manage unlimited custom subscription plans for different customers
- This Chargebee competitor has dunning management and customer retention features
- You’ll get tool add-ons and allowances
- Billsby ensures compliance with sales tax
- You’ll have access to advanced invoices that reduce your churn
- The tool produces detailed reporting and insights
- The tool allows for third-party integrations with apps such as Xero and Zapier
- It’s an affordable tool that’s great for small businesses
- Billsby lacks in-depth revenue tracking tools
- Easy to use
- Core: $35/month plus 0.4% on monthly revenue above $15,000
- Custom: Negotiated pricing
Image via Maxio
Maxio, formerly Chargify and SaaSOptics, is another SaaS billing and revenue management software to consider if Chargebee isn’t a great fit for your business.
This Chargebee competitor combines monetization management capabilities with revenue recognition and detailed reporting capabilities, for a powerful financial solution for subscription businesses.
Achieve greater efficiency with its subscription automation and better insights with its real-time revenue recognition.
Maxio also manages other forms of payments your business may adopt besides subscriptions. Its flexible billing tool handles one-time payments, free trials, contracts, and much more.
This Chargebee competitor’s system integrations are also limitless. You can easily access popular accounting, CRM, customer support, and marketing tools. It also seamlessly integrates with payment gateway platforms like Braintree, Stripe Stax, etc.
Choose Maxio over Chargebee if you’re looking for a more advanced tool that can offer more financial solutions besides subscription management.
- Maxio easily integrates with many payment providers including credit cards and payment gateways like PayPal
- It handles your tax collection tasks for you according to regulations making your annual taxation obligations easier
- The tool lets you incentivise your customers with discounts and coupons
- You can also create different prices for repeat customers using Maxio
- It lets you specify recurring plans and subscription billings
- You can easily have third-party integrations to business intelligence apps
- This Chargebee competitor provides real-time revenue updates for better insights
- It’s a two-in-one monetization management and subscription analytics tool
- It’s an expensive tool
- Slight learning curve
- Essentials: $599/month paid annually
- Growth: Custom
- Scale: Custom
Image via ProfitWell
ProfitWell is another Chargebee competitor that offers outcome-focused tools to help with pricing optimization and simple subscription administration.
As a subscription management platform, it has various tools that boost your business growth.
One is its Pricing Audit which tracks the expansion of your pricing plan, and the Retention Audit which examines and identifies revenue leaks. Additionally, ProfitWell's subscription reporting and analytics give you accurate details about your revenue.
ProfitWell has a package where you can access all your important revenue and financial metrics for free. These include growth, retention, and churn trends, industry benchmarks from 15+ companies, a mobile app with alerts, and many more.
It's a user-friendly subscription management platform that is fairly simple to set up and does not have a steep learning curve. Additionally, you can get help fast with any problems from ProfitWell's dedicated customer service team.
- A free metrics tool that lets you track your major metrics
- Provides a flexible data segmentation tool to sort out your data by different characteristics like gender or location
- Get deeper revenue insights about your MRR, upgrades, downgrades, etc. with the revenue tracking tool
- Track customer acquisition, retention, and engagement
- Use Price Intelligently to set the perfect prices for your subscription plans
- This Chargebee competitor provides access to industry reports, insights, and metrics for free
- It’s an easy tool to set up and integrate to other tools
- ProfitWell has great 24/7 customer support
- The website provides additional resources for educational purposes
- The pricing is custom and you have to talk to their sales team.
- It has limited pricing plans
- Has a slight learning curve
- Metrics: Free
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Image via Pabbly
Pabbly is suitable for businesses looking for an extremely low-budget tool. This Chargebee competitor also has subscription management capabilities among many other business functions.
It’s an easy-to-use intuitive billing platform for small businesses. Some of its other capabilities include:
- The tool automates your workflow
- It’s an email marketing tool
- It has a form builder for lead generation and conducting surveys
- Email verification capabilities
With this Chargebee competitor, your business will be able to save on all the costs of having numerous third-party integrations by getting an all-in-one tool. The tool is also affordable and suitable even for beginners.
At a starting fee of $25/month in their lowest package, you get more than a subscription tool. It’s however not the best tool if you’re looking for more advanced subscription management features.
- You can create unlimited subscription plans
- The Chargebee competitor supports multiple currencies
- Pabbly has a seamless integration to major payment gateways e.g PayPal and Stripe
- You get unlimited invoicing with this tool
- It also doubles as a sales analytics tool
- It’s an all in one tool with multiple business functions
- It’s the cheapest subscription management software among others
- Pabbly has no extra transaction charges beyond subscription fees
- It lacks robust subscription analytics tools
- Easy to use
- Standard: $25/month
- Pro: $50/month
- Ultimate: $100/month
Image via FastSpring
FastSpring is yet another prominent Chargebee competitor that makes it easy for organizations to manage subscription billing. It also enables you to seamlessly manage your subscriptions.
It offers multi-currency support and enables you to easily accept payments using different payment methods. What makes it even better is that FastSpring sells on your behalf, so your tax compliances are taken care of by the platform.
Along with detailed analytics, you also get access to FastSpring’s massive network of affiliate partners who can help drive your business growth.
- Interactive quotes
- Accept global payments
- Failure handling features to recover recurring payments
- Flexible subscription features
- No-code and all-code development options
- Gives a lot of flexibility to businesses
- Enables global expansion with payments
- Affiliates help grow business faster
- Doesn’t show pricing information
- Requires a slight learning curve.
- Connect with their team for pricing.
Best Chargebee Integrations
Integrations are important for subscription management tools as they provide a more efficient, streamlined, and personalized experience for both businesses and subscribers.
As a bonus, here are two powerful Chargebee integrations.
Image via Baremetrics
Baremetrics is another subscription analytics tool that makes it easy for businesses to understand how their business is performing and where they should focus next.
It’s not a tool that can replace Chargebee as a competitor, but one you use alongside your subscription management tool.
Baremetrics helps you manage your subscription data and analyze it to gain data-driven insights to boost your revenue growth. This is the tool for you if your business needs deeper analytics into your subscription billing and revenue metrics.
This Chargebee integration may not be suitable for small businesses as it's a bit highly-priced, and small businesses may not need deeper analytics. However, for large businesses handling huge chunks of subscription data, here are some useful functions to expect from Baremetrics:
- The system allows for integration with popular payment processing systems like Stripe
- The tool analyzes over 20 metrics to give you crystal clear insight into customer payment history, behavior, and habits.
- It lets you manually import data from other third-party applications. This way it can augment your insights by adding external data for more accuracy.
- Report segmentation for better comparative insights
- A dashboard where you can view transactions in real-time and track metrics
- Data forecasting tool to help you make informed decisions
- Augment your insights by importing external data
- Easy integration with other parts of your business
- It has flexible pricing plans
- You get eye-catchy reports and designs
- Baremetrics has a user interface that’s easy to navigate
- The tool is easy to install and set up
- There’s a 14-day trial period
- The tool needs a data editing feature
- It has a limited integration to Stripe and some data is not easy to access
- The prices are a bit on the higher end
- Slight learning curve
Pricing by tool
- Metrics: $129/month
- Recover: $69/month
- Cancellation Insights: $129/month
- Forecast+: $1000/month
The pricing is based on MRR for each tool you choose.
Image via ChartMogul
ChartMogul is not exactly a Chargebee competitor, although it could be a differentiator when choosing subscription management platforms. Here’s why.
ChartMogul is one of the best subscription analytics software there is in the market. Many subscription business owners who have used this tool and loved it prefer subscription platforms that can easily integrate with it.
One of its outstanding features is its automated subscription metric reporting. You’ll be able to import all your subscription data from different sources into this one platform and have a single comprehensive analysis.
So if you’re looking for more detailed metric reports and analytics, this tool could be a great addition to your subscription tool. It can help you make data-driven decisions and optimize your recurring revenue growth.
ChartMogul uses data-cleaning tools to merge customers and connect subscriptions for more accuracy. It also allows you to export your analysis to any of your favorite data science tools.
- This Chargebee integration has powerful subscription reporting and analytics capabilities for subscription billing and revenue recognition data
- Enables data segmentation for better insights into your reports
- You can import subscription data from subscription management software and export your analysis to data science tools
- Integrate easily with subscription tools and payment gateways
- You can edit and audit your subscription data in the tool unlike most other subscription analytics tools
- It has data cleaning tools for more accuracy
- There’s a free package
- It’s a detailed subscription analytics tool that integrates with some recurring billing software
- ChartMogul could integrate with more subscription management tools
- Slight learning curve
- Launch: $0/month
- Scale: $100/month
- Volume: Get in touch with the sales team for custom pricing
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the difference between Stripe and Chargebee?
A. Stripe is a Chargebee competitor that supports customer payments both as a payment processor and payment gateway. Chargebee on the other hand is a subscription billing platform that helps SaaS businesses manage their recurring revenue.
Q2. What is a SaaS subscription management tool?
A. Software as a service (SaaS) subscription management is an integrated business solution that offers tools for automating subscription processes and managing the lifecycle of recurring payments. It assists firms in keeping track of all subscription-based purchases.
Q3. What is subscription lifecycle management?
A. Subscription lifecycle management refers to managing the requirements that subscription businesses must meet as they recruit, bill, and retain customers, expand their businesses, and become financially successful.
Q4. Is Chargebee a CRM?
A. Chargebee is an all-in-one subscription management tool that handles all aspects of your subscriptions, including invoicing, recurring billing, and revenue. As such, Chargebee is not a CRM tool. However, you can integrate it with popular CRM tools like Salesforce, Zoho CRM, etc.
Q5. Do I need Stripe and Chargebee?
A. This depends on what your business needs. If you’re using Chargebee, you can integrate it with Stripe as a payment gateway or as your preferred payment processor.
However, if you have limited subscription management needs, you can use Stripe’s payment processing and subscription management capabilities.
Ready to Pick Your Subscription Management Software?
Granted Chargebee is one of the best subscription management tools in the market, but so are some of its competitors.
Were you shopping for a subscription management tool? Did you consider Chargebee and change your mind? Well, those are our top 11 Chargebee competitors. Depending on the nature of your business, you may find that these competitors suit you better.
Hopefully, this post helped you narrow down your list, or better yet—pick a viable alternative to Chargebee. If you’re still struggling, consider listing your business needs and all your important features. That should make things easier!
Leave a Comment