Generating leads and sales is one of the top priorities for most marketers today.
But many of them find it challenging to find and engage prospects every day. That’s where the best lead generation software solutions come into the picture.
Because the right prospecting tools can help you ensure a constant flow of high-quality leads that are more likely to turn into customers. This will, in turn, increase your sales conversion rate.
In this post, we’re going to list some of the best lead generation software and discuss what exactly they can help you with.
Let’s get started.
What Makes a Good Lead Generation Strategy?
A great lead generation strategy consistently delivers high-quality leads that are a good match for your business and are likely to turn into your customers.
For each business, high-quality leads will look a little different. But there are certain aspects that remain the same regardless of the type of prospects you’re hoping to attract.
First of all, you’ll need a way to capture the interest of your website visitors.
Form builders and landing pages welcome visitors to your site and collect new contact details. Once you have captured their contact information, storing it in one place using a CRM tool will help your team stay organized.
You can then use this contact information for sales workflows and email outreach.
Nurturing these contacts through email marketing and behavioral targeting will help you turn your website visitors into high-value leads. You can showcase your products and services and provide helpful tips based on the needs of your target audience.
Finally, if you have an outbound or cold calling sales strategy, you’ll need a way to prospect for new leads. Use lead capture tactics such as finding the email addresses of prospects and setting up a series of reach-out campaigns.
All of these steps can be done manually, but that will take a lot of time. And an inefficient lead generation strategy is not what you need.
That’s why you should pick the right lead generation tactics and the best lead generation software to make lead gen easy and more effective.
Using the right lead generation software and marketing automation can help fill up your lead pipeline with valuable, nurtured leads and customers.
Here’s our list of the best lead generation software solutions that you can use to grow your business:
A Comprehensive List of the Best Lead Generation Software
With a plethora of lead generation software in the market, choosing one or two can be difficult.
To simplify your lead gen tool search, I’m categorizing the best lead generation tools based on their functionalities and areas of use.
Here you go:
All-in-One Lead Generation Software
Let’s start the list with the best lead generation software for your business that does it all – from lead capturing to data collection and sales and marketing.
HubSpot’s Free Marketing & Lead Generation Software is an all-in-one, powerful lead gen solution that combines marketing automation, email, and form builders with the power of a CRM.
Because every contact interaction is recorded in HubSpot’s Free CRM Software, marketers like you can easily target prospects based on their needs and behaviors.
Image via HubSpot
- The all-in-one software ensures that your customers will have the same experience no matter what stage of the customer lifecycle they’re in.
- Advanced personalization comes easy as every tool is built on top of the CRM backbone that lets you utilize lead data effectively.
- Build and deploy landing pages, web forms, and multi-platform ads without the need for designers or developers.
- HubSpot’s Free Marketing & Lead Generation Software is the most effective when you use the tools together. So, integrating other third-party tools won’t have the same benefits.
Form Builders & Pop-Up Forms Software for Lead Generation
If a prospect visits your website but doesn’t submit their email address, how will you ever convert them?
Chances are that you won’t.
That’s why forms play such a crucial role in the lead generation stack.
Good forms are easy for the customer to fill out, customizable, personalized, and quick to deploy. Great forms connect lead data to your CRM and sales tracking software so that you can follow up with prospects right away, based on their form submission entries.
You can use form builders plugins to add forms to your WordPress site. Some other tools include:
If there’s a form type you can think of, OptinMonster likely offers it. That makes it one of the best lead generation tools for businesses.
With pop-ups, welcome bars, embeddable forms, slide-in widgets, and more, OptinMonster will help you grow your email subscriber list and capture new leads in no time.
Image via OptinMonster
- Tons of integrations that help you sync your form data to your CRM software
- Easy-to-use triggers that ask your customers to share their information at the right time (exit intent pop-ups, scroll-based pop-ups, etc.)
- Mobile-specific campaigns
- Minimal options for customization
- To get full access to reporting and personalization features, you’ll need to upgrade to the highest pricing tier.
- $14/month for the Basic plan (when billed annually)
- $19/month for the Plus plan (when billed annually)
- $47/month for the Pro plan (when billed annually)
- $80/month for the Growth plan (when billed annually)
This is the best form maker to use if you’re running a WordPress website. Rated 4.8/5 on G2 with hundreds of reviews, WPForms is well-loved because it’s easy to set up but still offers powerful options.
Image via WPForms
- Drag-and-drop form maker that’s intuitive to use
- Great customer support that helps you with any questions you might have
- Conditional formatting so that your customers will only need to fill out the form details that are relevant
- This plugin is only available for WordPress sites.
- Basic plan: $79/year
- Plus plan: $199/year
- Pro plan: $399/year
- Elite plan: $599/year
Landing Page Builders for Lead Generation
Welcome leads and prospects to your website with a custom-built landing page, specially designed to pique their interest.
High-conversion landing pages are relevant and specific to the needs and preferences of your prospects. And can help you get more leads for your business. That means you might be building a lot of them!
From catering to different industries to showcasing content offers or promoting unique discounts and events, being able to create and deploy beautiful landing pages quickly is essential to lead generation.
Let’s take a look at the best lead generation software solutions that can help you build impressive landing pages to capture leads.
Create exactly the page you want without the need of hiring developers or designers with the easy-to-use, drag-and-drop builder by Unbounce.
Grow your lead generation contact lists faster by using A/B testing to optimize your landing pages. Send site visitors and potential customers to the landing page that’s most likely to convert them.
Image via Unbounce
- A/B testing option will help you maximize your conversion rates by automatically showing visitors the best-converting landing page.
- Integrations with form builders and CRM software to make sure your new leads and contacts reach exactly where you need them
- Responsive landing page templates that will look good on every device your a lead can visit your website from
- Some landing page customization does require custom scripts. You may need help from a developer for fulfilling specific requirements.
- Launch plan: $80/month
- Optimize plan: $120/month
- Accelerate plan: $200/month
- Scale plan: $300/month
Launch professional-looking web pages, landing pages, and pop-ups to grow your business without hiring a team of developers.
Leadpages has been designed to convert site visitors into leads. So, you’ll have all of the top lead capture tools you need to collect those email addresses.
Image via Leadpages
- Extremely friendly and knowledgeable customer support team
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop builder with widget templates that help you build even more lead generation assets, other than landing pages (try creating pop-ups or a full website!)
- Integrations with a number of CRM tools
- If you want to leverage advanced customization options, you may find the interface of Leadpages frustrating, limiting, and difficult to use.
- Standard plan: $27/month
- Pro plan: $59/month
- Advanced plan: $239/month
Instapage is another one of the best lead generation software solutions that enables you to design and develop landing pages.
It brings you a suite of conversion tools to unify the post-click advertising tactics that start with well-optimized landing pages. Build landing pages, personalize content, and experiment with different pages to grow your email list as quickly as possible.
Image via Instapage
- Collaborate in-product to build landing pages with your whole team.
- Optimize pages for mobile and desktop and even see which pages are converting better on each platform.
- Connect your ads to the most relevant pages and then add personalization.
- The cost of Instapage has increased in the last few years as more enterprise features have been added, which puts this best lead generation tool out of the price range for some smaller businesses.
- Building plan: $399/month (when billed annually)
- Optimizing plan: $999/month (when billed annually)
- Converting plan: $1999+/month (when billed annually)
CRM Software for Lead Generation
A customer relationship management (CRM) software solution will keep all of your leads in one place.
View all of your contact information, log sales interactions, and unify customer context in the same platform. It’s like an online Rolodex that automatically updates itself.
Let’s look at the best CRM software solutions.
HubSpot’s Free CRM Software is the backbone of a powerful all-in-one lead generation and management software.
If you just need a free, quick-to-set-up, and easy-to-use CRM tool, you should try using HubSpot. You’ll have a real-time view of your sales pipeline, and everyone on your team will be able to see the latest calls and interactions with each one of your prospects.
That’s what makes HubSpot one of the best lead generation software.
Image via HubSpot
- Sales reps are automatically notified when a prospect opens their email or checks out your website.
- Store all of the information you need about as many prospects as you have with unlimited users and contacts.
- CRM data is instantly available for other HubSpot tools to use. You can use lead data to set up personalized email marketing campaigns or run targeted ads.
- HubSpot is most effective when you use the tools together. However, integrating other third-party tools won’t offer the same advantages.
- Free forever
Nimble is a user-friendly CRM for Google Workspace and Office 365 that has been designed to reduce data entry and increase sales productivity.
This lead generation software helps social media sales teams build relationships and manage their leads pipeline.
Image via Nimble
- Create auto-enhanced contact profiles with Nimble Prospector to reduce manual data entry and deliver business insights.
- Integrate with social media platforms so that you can keep up with the timelines and interactions of your prospects.
- Tie all sales activity and interactions to contacts so that you can manage your leads pipeline effectively.
- Priced higher than other CRM software options in the market
- $19 per user per month (when billed annually)
- A 14-day free trial available
Email Marketing Automation Tools for Lead Generation
Once you’ve got a list of prospective customers, it’s time to start forming a relationship with them. And, email marketing is one of the most effective ways to do this.
It will be even better if you can automate email outreach campaigns based on what your leads are interested in. Use the right email marketing automation tools that can help you segment leads into contact lists, design campaigns, and monitor results.
Let’s take a look at the best lead generation software that can help you capture leads through automated email campaigns.
Mailchimp helps you connect with your audience through beautifully designed and executed email marketing campaigns. Using this email automation platform, you can easily deliver the right message at the right time.
Image via Mailchimp
- Easy-to-use email builder that can help your messages look more professional even if you’re new to email marketing
- Design email automation campaigns around the customer journey using a drag-and-drop workflow builder.
- Connect other apps, such as your ecommerce store platform, to send transactional emails based on customer behavior.
- Marketing automation features are only available for sending emails, not for updating contact records or internal notifications. For that, you need to add Mailchimp alternatives to your email marketing automation tools stack.
- Free plan: For up to 2000 contacts
- Essentials plan: $10.47/month for up to 500 contacts
- Standard plan: $15.64/month for up to 500 contacts
- Premium plan: $312.77/month for up to 10,000 contacts
Prospecting and Outreach Tools for Lead Generation
Sometimes you have to go out and gather leads instead of waiting for them to come to you.
The best prospecting tools can make it easier for you to get in touch with decision makers and follow up in the most effective way.
Let’s take a look at the best lead generation software for your lead prospecting and outreaching campaigns.
Prospect.io is like a “sales cockpit” that puts everything you need to prospect at your fingertips.
It enables you to stay focused and productive by working through the automatically-generated list of outreach tasks directly within your CRM software or LinkedIn. You can create outreach campaigns and follow up with prospects, all through one tool.
That’s why Prospect.io is one of the best lead generation software in the market.
Image via Prospect.io
- Two-way sync integrations with the tools you already use (like HubSpot and Slack)
- Build multi-channel, personalized drip email campaigns for persistent outreach.
- Create a list of outbound outreach tasks for sales agents every day.
- Email addresses are occasionally inaccurate, which can cause bounces. Emails are sent out in batches of 100 instead of all at one time.
- Essential plan: $89/month
- Business plan: $149/month
Get your messages to the right person using the best lead generation software, Norbert.
It’s a simple tool that can make a big difference to your prospecting workflow. You can either use the tool to find email addresses or upload your own list of email addresses to have Norbert verify your prospecting lists.
Image via Norbert
- Find email addresses with a 98% success rate.
- Bulk actions and a powerful API means you can find lots of emails quickly.
- Integrates with the tools you already use so that you can find emails when you need them
- Some users have reported that this email finder tool sometimes provides email addresses that are no longer valid.
- Valet plan: $49/month for up to 1,000 leads/month
- Butler plan: $99/month for up to 5,000 leads/month
- Advisor plan: $249/month for up to 15,000 leads/month
- Counselor plan: $499/month for up to 50.000 leads/month
Other Top Lead Generation Software for Your Business
ReferralCandy helps you create a loyalty program that rewards customers for referring you to their friends and family. Choose the rewards you want to offer customers, connect your store, create emails, and launch it!
It can help you generate more leads for your business through referral orders, which makes it one of the best lead generation software.
Image via ReferralCandy
- Launch loyalty programs quickly without the need for managing referrals, punch cards, and spreadsheets. ReferralCandy will manage everything for you.
- Integrates with the marketing software you might be already using such as Shopify and Mailchimp
- Prompts customers for referrals at the most likely times (such as post purchase)
- Some customers have reported seeing fraudulent referrals come through this platform. That’s why you should keep a close eye on your reports and work with the ReferralCandy team to shut such accounts down.
- Premium plan: $49/month plus a commission based on the sales revenue generated
- Enterprise plan: $3,999/month
Impact helps brands manage and automate partnerships and affiliate programs. With this automation platform, Create a valuable affiliate program, train and support your partners, and manage this critical revenue stream, all from one platform.
As influencers become an increasingly important part of the lead generation process, this affiliate software is becoming one of the best lead generation tools in the marketing stack.
Image via Impact
- Onboard, train, and manage partners for increased revenue generation.
- Track and optimize partner revenue through detailed reporting.
- Identify and protect yourself against partnerships operating in bad faith.
- Paying out partners can be a long process as it requires approvals and hold-backs. Plan ahead if your partners require quick funding.
- Contact them for pricing details
Ready to Choose the Best Lead Generation Tools for Your Business?
No matter which of the best lead generation tools you choose, make sure that the software best fits your sales and marketing needs.
Take multiple lead generation tools for a test drive to see if they are easy to use, have the features you need, and fit within your budget. This will help you make an informed decision.
By choosing the best lead generation software for your business, you’ll be on track to creating and executing an effective lead generation strategy.
If you need help generating qualified leads for your business, check out our lead generation services.