JotForm Review: The Summary Box
This online form builder provides free templates and advanced design capabilities to make it easy for you to create online forms. Using JotForm, you can create forms for generating leads, collecting payments, distributing surveys, and more.
|Value for Money:|
- Value for Money:
Pros & Cons
|Ease-of-use||Paid plans may be on the higher end|
|Huge template library|
|Huge selection of form widgets|
|Affordable pricing plans|
|30-day money-back guarantee|
- Huge template library
- Huge selection of form widgets
- Multiple integrations
- Affordable pricing plans
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Paid plans may be on the higher end
|Pricing Plan||Cost (Per Month)|
|Enterprise Plan||Custom pricing|
- Starter Plan: Free
- Free Plan: $0
- Bronze Plan: $24
- Silver Plan: $29
- Gold Plan: $79
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing
Most people on our team don’t have a design background, so anything that involves designing doesn’t really come naturally to us. That’s why JotForm’s huge library of professional-looking templates was a boon for us while creating online forms.
The drag-and-drop interface is convenient, and all the tools are super easy to use. Overall, it took us just about 10 minutes to understand their form builder and create our own form.
They provide a free version — which is a big plus for small businesses with a limited budget.
In our opinion, their form builder takes the cake while the other features add to the platform’s overall value.
Go, try it out yourself!
Disclaimer: This content contains some affiliate links for which we will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you). This is to ensure that we can keep creating free content for you.
JotForm Review: Key Features
|Drag-and-Drop Designer||Customization Options|
|Free Templates||Multilingual Survey Builder|
|Mobile Forms||Secure Forms|
|Smart PDF Forms||Form Widgets|
|Reporting and Analytics||App Integrations|
- Drag-and-Drop Designer
- Customization Options
- Free Templates
- Multilingual Survey Builder
- Mobile Forms
- Secure Forms
- Smart PDF Forms
- Form Widgets
- Reporting and Analytics
- App Integrations
Who is it Designed For?
|Anyone who wants to design forms|
- Anyone who wants to design forms
Why Do We Like JotForm?
In this review, we want to cut straight to the chase.
We like JotForm for its simplicity. You can just log in to the platform and start designing even if you don’t have any prior experience.
You can sign up with your email address or Facebook account.
Plus, the free templates cover a wide variety of use cases. From booking forms to feedback and payment forms, they have a template for everything.
You want to build brand awareness? There’s a form template for that! Want to generate more leads? They have another one for that!
The best part is that the free plan offers rich functionality. For freelancers and SMEs on a tight budget, JotForm is great. These are just some reasons why JotForm gets a positive review from me.
Of course, they offer advanced customization options only in the higher-tier plans. But otherwise, you can make basic adjustments to match your aesthetic.
It’s very easy to use and fun too!
JotForm Review: Discussing Key Features
JotForm offers a ton of capabilities in the free as well as the paid version. We’ve given a quick overview of the key features in the previous section of this JotForm review.
Now, it’s time to go into a detailed review of the key features.
We will attach screenshots from the platform so you get a better sense of the form builder and the options it offers.
Let’s get started.
Most form builders out there offer survey templates. So, what is JotForm doing differently than other form builders?
On the surface, it may seem like it’s all the same.
But the number of template options that it provides is impressive. It has more than 10,000 different free form templates for all types of use cases you can imagine.
Take a look at some of the unique templates they have:
It’s safe to say that you’re going to be spoilt for choice while picking one that is right for you.
Believe me, it's easy to get paralyzed by choice on JotForm. We know we did! But it’s a problem that is worth having!
On the platform, they’ve sorted all the form templates into different category types. As you can see, each template category also has hundreds of template options.
These templates are also sorted by the type of industry on the side tab. This kind of an arrangement helps in finding what you are looking for at a glance.
Pretty slick, I say!
So, try it yourself to confirm what we’ve said in this review.
When it comes to app integrations, JotForm scores a high score on this JotForm review. After all, it offers integrations with over 200 apps out there.
From project management tools to CRM and email apps, it has integrations for everything under the sun.
Here are some of the popular app integrations that JotForm offers:
- Google Sheets
- Google Drive
… and others!
This JotForm review will not be complete if we don’t talk about the payment gateway integrations the platform offers.
If you are selling products, setting up subscriptions, or collecting donations, you can use JotForm to create efficient checkout forms. The platform offers over 30 payment gateway integrations including PayPal, Stripe, Square, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and others.
The reason we’ve included Form widgets in this review is that they are extremely important to add functionality to your online forms. They enable users to take some kind of action. It could be anything from embedding files to responding to your forms.
So what’s our review of JotForm’s widget library?
It is vast but very well-organized, so you won’t have issues finding what you are looking for.
Just like templates, the form widgets are also sorted into categories on the left. From widgets for embedding PDFs and tracking form progress, they’ve got it all.
We’re going to discuss four form widgets that we found very helpful in this review section.
- Inventory in Form Widgets: By adding JotForm’s Inventory widget to your online forms, you can add the total number of items that you have left in stock.
It blocks users if they select the option once you’re out of stock. You can also use this widget to make sure you don’t overbook your events.
Here is what it looks like:
- E-signature Widgets: This form widget makes it easy for you to collect legally binding electronic signatures. The reason to include this in my review is that these widgets can be very useful for legal contracts, lease agreements, onboarding documentation, and more.
- Terms and Conditions: This form widget allows you to include a link to your terms and conditions page. What’s more, you can add a checkbox in your online box that enables users to agree with the terms and conditions.
- PDF Editor: JotForm PDF Editor makes it possible to automatically turn your form responses into secure, professional PDF documents. In this review, we have to emphasize that the PDF editor is a useful feature for invoices, inspection reports, and registration documents.
Templates, widgets, and app integrations that we’ve talked about so far in this review help you build a highly functional online form. But what about adding style, colors, and unique fonts to your online form to customize it and make it appealing?
Form Themes Store comes to your rescue.
In this JotForm review, we also have to talk about the massive collection of stunning and creative themes that the platform offers.
Here are some of the interesting themes JotForm offers:
- Fancy Fonts
What’s more, you can also create a branded form if you opt for JotForm Enterprise. You can add your logo and branding to virtually all aspects of the form.
While this JotForm review highlights form widgets, templates, themes, and app integrations as the main features of JotForm, it also has some other interesting features.
Let’s take a look at them.
Other Key Features
In this JotForm review section, we’re not getting into the details, but we want to give you a quick introduction of what else you do via JotForm.
Here are the features that you should take note of:
- JotForm Approvals: This feature allows you to streamline workflow approvals, collect HR requests, IT tickets, job applications, and convert them into tasks for your automated workflow.
- JotForm’s QR Code Reader: Using this feature, you can add QR codes to your forms to enable quicker payments. For event forms and competitions, it can be a great way to make the registration process smooth.
- HIPAA-Compliant Forms: Through this feature, you can create HIPAA-compliant forms as well as Business Associate Agreement (BAA) easily. If you want to collect health information securely, this is a great feature.
- Personalized Forms: You can actually train the form by using ‘conditional logic’ to respond to users’ inputs. Based on the answers users provide, the form automatically adds, hides, removes, changes, or skips fields. Any field in the form that the respondent completes can also be used as the input for other fields.
- Smart PDF Forms: This feature helps you remove the hassles of waiting for users to download, print, sign, scan, and return the filled PDF form. Smart PDF features allow you to seamlessly convert PDF forms to HTML web forms. This makes it easy for users to fill out the form on any device. And, you can save the filled forms in the original PDF format.
- JotForm Inbox: With JotForm Inbox, you can not only see all form submissions from across devices in a unified inbox but organize them. JotForm Inbox also lets you reply to emails, add search filters, tags and comments and share your inbox.
- Mobile Version: JotForm offers a free mobile version that makes it easy to create a form and view form submissions on your mobile device on the go.
Detailed JotForm Review: How to Create an Online Form
We’ve talked about all the key features in this JotForm review till now, in theory. How about we try them out for real? In this detailed review section, let’s see what it is like to create your own online form with JotForm.
We’re going to create a simple form using their template library, nothing too advanced. But it will give you an idea of the platform interface.
Let’s get started.
Step 1: Click on the “Create Form” option on the JotForm dashboard.
Step 2: Choose how exactly you’d like to design your form. For this review, I am going to go ahead with a template.
Step 3: In this step, you get to choose the type of template you’d want to design. There are thousands of options, and picking one can be a little overwhelming.
On the left-hand side of the screen, you can see all the template types listed together. We’re going to design a feedback form for this review.
Step 4: There are sub-categories within the parent category of “Feedback Forms.”
We’re impressed by the number of options they have. In total, they have 771 templates within the Feedback Forms category.
From exit interview questionnaire forms to customer satisfaction survey forms and training evaluation, they have it all.
Let’s try to make a form for getting feedback on an event.
Step 5: JotForm shows you a readymade along with customization options on the left. We’re going to try to add a field that asks for a user’s name.
As you can see in the screenshot below, there is a direct option for it. Also, it is worth noting that you can add your own logo too by clicking the option at the top of the form.
Step 6: We want to add the field at the top of the form. To do that, select the field before it. We selected the “Event Feedback” box since we want the category placed under it.
Step 7: We are quite happy with the other fields given in the form template. So, we’ll let it be as it is. To create the form, we clicked on the “Publish” option at the top.
Step 8: That’s it! The form link is ready. We can directly share it on social media platforms or via emails. There is also an option to embed it on our website.
Overall, JotForm ensures that you can use these forms on multiple platforms.
What Are Others Saying About JotForm?
|“The form creator is awesome! It made it SUPER easy to design a form with the fields I required my customers to fill out and let them upload images when contacting me. It also emails me the form and attachment, plus with the integration into OneDrive, I can keep track of all my form submissions. The free tier is definitely more than ample to test-drive the platform.”|
— Bianca M. (Via GetApp)
|“The conditional form fields and calculations make this an extremely powerful tool for anyone looking to capture information. It's affordable, works well, integrates with a lot of platforms easily, and does exactly what it's intended to do.”|
— Datis M (Via Capterra)
Q1. What is JotForm?
A. JotForm is an online platform that enables everyone to design custom forms. Its drag-and-drop interface makes the form designing process extremely simple.
The best part is you don’t need to learn coding to design forms with JotForm. They even have templates for multiple use cases which makes the entire process smoother. Read this JotForm review to know about its features.
Q2. What is JotForm used for?
A. You can use JotForm to design different types of online forms and collect form responses directly via your email.
Some of the types of forms that you can create with JotForm include:
- Registration Forms
- Request Forms
- Signup Forms
- Feedback Forms
- Contact Forms
- Order Forms
- Award Forms
- Quote Forms
- Consent Forms
… and more!
Q3. Is JotForm safe?
A. Safety is a top priority for JotForm. In this review, we have highlighted some features that can make your experience of form building more secure:
- They serve all forms across a protected 256-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connection.
- You can encrypt your forms
- They provide PCI Certification.
- It is GDPR Compliant.
- It is CCPA Compliant.
- It is HIPAA Compliant.
- It has special options for spam protection.
Q4. How much does JotForm cost per month?
A. And, it is extremely user-friendly, offers great template options, and also has payment integrations. Apart from that, they also have other plans for $24, $29, and $79 per month.
Q5. How can I remove JotForm branding for free?
A. To remove branding from JotForm, you will need to shift to their paid plans. Once you have done that, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the Account menu.
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and uncheck the option for, “Show “Powered By JotForm” on my forms.”
Once you follow these steps, your forms should appear without the JotForm branding.
Q6. How do you pay for JotForm?
A. You can pay for JotForm via any of the two options given below:
- Credit/Debit Card: Includes payment options for Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and others.
Q7. Is JotForm free?
A. Yes, JotForm does offer a free plan. Additionally, it also has paid plans in the range of $24 to $79 per month that have advanced functionalities included.
Q8. How can I cancel my JotForm subscription?
A. To cancel your JotForm subscription, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your JotForm account.
- Click on the profile icon on the top-right corner.
- Click on your username to go to the Account page.
- Go to the Billing tab.
- Click on the “Downgrade button.”
- Follow the instructions given in the pop-up window
After your subscription cancellation is confirmed, you won’t be billed on the upcoming billing date.
However, the account status will continue to reflect that you are a paid member. After the subscription expiration date, your plan will automatically downgrade to the FREE/Starter plan.
Q9. Do companies use JotForm?
A. Yes, companies of various sizes use JotForm. Additionally, even freelancers and entrepreneurs use this form builder to create and edit forms for their website.
Q10. How to check form submissions on JotForm?
A. To check form submissions on JotForm, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your JotForm account.
- Go to the page for “My Forms”.
- Select the specific form for which you want to see the submissions.
- Click on the “Submissions” option from the toolbar on the top.
- At this point, you will be redirected to JotForm Tables.
- You will be able to see the listed submissions here.
- To the left of each submission, there will be a button with three dots. You can click on it to view options like “View Entry,” “Edit Entry,” and more.
Here, JotForm also has options to print the form submission, respond to it, or forward it.
Q11. How do I add forms that I make with JotForm to my website?
A. After you’ve designed and created your online form, JotForm gives you two options:
- Use the form as a standalone link
- Embed the form onto your website
To add the form to your website, all you need to do is copy and paste the embed code to your website builder.
That’s all — the form will be automatically integrated into your website.
Q12. What happens to my data on JotForm if I downgrade my account?
A. If you want to downgrade your JotForm account, your data will not be affected. It will stay securely stored as long as it doesn’t go over the total submission storage range for free accounts which are 500.
However, if you go over the monthly limit on your downgraded plan, your forms will get disabled.
To check your data storage level, you can take a look at the account icon on the right side of the page at the top when you are logged in. You can also review the progress bars there.
Q13. Do I need coding experience to create a form on JotForm?
A. You don’t need any coding experience to use JotForm. However, the form builder allows you to go into the HTML code and make adjustments.
What’s the Final Verdict?
JotForm aims to make sure that the lack of technical knowledge is not a restrictive factor for anyone who wants to design their own forms.
The process of creating your form on the platform is quite smooth and we’ve discussed that earlier in this JotForm review. After reading this JotForm review, you know that it is extremely user-friendly, offers great template options, and also has payment integrations.
Are there any limiting factors?
The pricing plans are slightly more expensive than other form builders out there. That brings us to the question:
Do the pros make up for the cons?
Our verdict: If you are creating forms for your website, you should absolutely give it a try!
Well, that brings us to the end of this JotForm review.
Do you have any questions about this JotForm review or want to discuss anything that we’ve mentioned in this review? Please feel free to drop a comment on this review post.
Leave a Comment