Do you want to create a successful website even though you’re not a coder?
You would also want your website to look good, to engage visitors, and to take your business to the next level.
Are these expectations unrealistic?
If you use the best website builders, you can design and launch a spectacular website in record time.
Don’t worry. We’ve done the work for you. In this article, we bring to you 6 of the best website builders that will get you where you want to go.
Some of them are free to use!
Gone are the days when you had to spend thousands of dollars to create a world-class website.
So, ready to learn more about the best website builders in 2023?
The Top 6 Best Website Builders in 2023
There are more than 1.8 billion websites on the internet.
Needless to say, this number is only going to grow over time. Hoping to stand out in this sea of content can seem like a distant dream.
Except that it’s not.
In this article, you’ll discover some of the best website builders, their pros, cons, features, as well as their ease of use.
Investing in just one tool can help you with domain registration, hosting, as well as site design.
You’ll be creating a website that really converts. Even in 2022!
Read on to sustain and grow your business by investing in the right website builder.
Image via Zyro
Although Zyro is a relatively new tool in the market, it has made a name for itself pretty quickly. And that happened for a reason.
Zyro is focused on two things that are of utmost importance to most website owners—agility and affordability. Zyro may not be brimming with heaps of third-party features, but it truly nails the basic requirements.
In a nutshell, it is a good starting point for freelancers and small business owners.
- Zyro offers a robust set of features for ecommerce websites.
- One of Zyro’s unique features is that it has an AI writer that generates SEO-friendly content in seconds.
- Zyro provides an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop editor, and a handy grid feature that makes editing your site straightforward.
- It offers a wide variety of responsive, award-winning templates for users to pick from.
- Zyro doesn’t charge any transaction fees on payments.
- It is constantly updating itself and introducing more features.
- It leverages cloud hosting, meaning Zyro websites are operational 99.9% of the time.
- It doesn’t require a credit card to sign up.
- Zyro only offers a limited number of integrations.
- There aren’t many customization options. Its drag-and-drop builder only supports five types of content—image, video, text, button, and map.
- Easy to use with a simple and intuitive interface.
Zyro offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and free hosting with every plan. Here are the various plans and their details:
- Basic – $2.90 per month
- Unleashed – $3.90 per month
- eCommerce Basic – $8.90 per month
- eCommerce – $9.90 per month
Pro Tip: Spend some time exploring Zyro’s spectacular AI tools. From building a logo to coming up with a catchy slogan, these tools can do much more than you’d ever imagine.
Image via Squarespace
Squarespace is undoubtedly one of the best website builders out there. Widely touted for its impeccable design features, templates, and themes, Squarespace can help you achieve a truly premium look for your website.
Want to know what else makes it so great?
Let’s understand by going through its features in detail.
- Squarespace allows users to use multiple templates at once, giving them full control to pick the best elements of each.
- Users can host their own podcast on Squarespace.
- All Squarespace domains come with a free SSL certificate.
- Squarespace has an App Store where you can pick from 24 third-party apps made to help you optimize your website.
- A beautiful variety of templates optimized for desktops, tablets, as well as smartphones.
- Users can restore deleted posts and pages for up to 30 days in just a few steps.
- The platform’s Image Blocks feature automatically scales and adjusts images to make sure they look right.
- Squarespace is quite expensive when compared to its competitors.
- It doesn’t support multi-currency transactions, which is a huge drawback for businesses that ship products across the world.
- Owing to the huge number of features Squarespace offers, there can be a bit of a learning curve for beginners.
Squarespace offers a free 14-day trial for users to get a feel of its features. Here are the plan details:
- Personal – $12 per month
- Business – $18 per month
- Basic Commerce – $26 per month
- Advanced Commerce – $40 per month
Pro Tip: Squarespace comes with a spectacular built-in email marketing tool. Should you invest in this platform, do use this feature to grow your website traffic.
Image via Wix
Wix is hands down one of the best website builders out there.
Why is that?
Apart from great service, what we like about this platform is the ease of use it offers without compromising on customizability.
- Wix provides thousands of beautiful templates that can be customized to your heart’s content.
- Wix treats its users to personalized SEO plans without asking for too much information.
- The platform offers an online scheduling software that is helpful for anyone who runs a service-based business. This feature lets site visitors book appointments on your website and also accepts payments.
- Wix is pretty versatile and covers every need. This includes setting up an online store, creating a blog, or even making a simple informative website.
- With Wix, users can easily add custom forms such as quizzes and polls to gather website visitors’ information.
- Wix provides great support to its customer base in more than 10 different languages.
- One of Wix’s biggest cons is that you cannot take your website’s code elsewhere. This makes website migration really complicated.
- Wix’s designs are not mobile-friendly by default. So, you might need to manually do some tweaking to the mobile version of your site.
- Wix is extremely user-friendly for both newbies and experts.
Wix gives a 14-day money-back guarantee to its users. Check out the website plans:
- Connect Domain – $14 per month
- Combo – $18 per month
- Unlimited – $23 per month
- VIP – $39 per month
Pro Tip:The Wix Editor gives access to a huge selection of beautifully shot and edited images, which sets the tone for a professional website. Try it out yourself!
Image via Shopify
Next in the list of the best website builders, we have Shopify.
Shopify has come to be one of the most popular website builders to set up an online store. It currently powers over 2 million online stores.
What’s the secret behind these numbers?
Let’s find out.
- Shopify runs on its own servers and doesn’t require users to buy web hosting or to install any software.
- The ecommerce platform integrates with over 8,000 apps directly.
- With Shopify, users can sell their products across multiple channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Amazon, Pinterest, and more.
- Shopify’s email marketing tool lets users mail up to 2,500 subscribers for free.
- Shopify automatically calculates and applies US, Canadian, EU, and UK tax rates.
- Even the cheapest plan on Shopify offers an abandoned cart saver feature.
- Shopify supports a large number of external payment getaways.
- Owing to its specialization in ecommerce, Shopify lacks some of the features other website builders offer.
- Every sale made on Shopify comes with a transaction fee ranging from 2.4% to 2.6%.
- Since Shopify is a completely hosted solution, migrating from it can be challenging.
- Pretty easy to use and learn on the go.
Shopify allows users to try the platform for free for 14 days. Here are the plans and pricing details:
- Basic Shopify – $29 per month
- Shopify – $79 per month
- Advanced Shopify – $299 per month.
Pro Tip: Spare some time to browse through the Shopify Community every now and then. The community boasts of over 800,000 merchants and partners that you can learn a lot from.
Image via Elementor
Looking for the best website builders to create a WordPress website?
Despite tough competition, Elementor has come to be one of the most popular choices to create stunning, professional-looking WordPress websites.
Elementor’s intuitive UI simplifies design complexities, without any need for coding.
- An intuitive drag-and-drop builder that helps users start a website without any technical knowledge.
- Elementor enables users to achieve the website design they want, with the option to choose from more than 90 customizable widgets.
- Mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly web pages that increase the chance of your site being ranked by search engines.
- The platform offers over 300 designer-made templates for different needs and industries.
- Elementor’s Theme Builder feature can be used to modify any theme’s core elements such as the header, footer, blog archives, etc.
- Elementor works with all WordPress themes, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
- The range of features offered in the free plan is exceptional!
- This website builder gives users the ability to tweak desktop, tablet, and smartphone views separately.
- Elementor’s updates can be a little too frequent sometimes.
- Page load time can increase drastically after the installation.
- To use Elementor, you must invest in an annual plan.
- Extremely easy to use with an extensive library of tutorials and other resources on all things related to website creation.
Elementor’s Free version is extremely generous and comes with 150+ free website design templates. Here are the paid plans:
- Essential – $49 per month
- Advanced – $99 per month
- Expert – $199 per month
- Studio – $499 per month
- Agency – $999 per month
Pro Tip: Elementor’s Hello theme loads in ¼ of a second, CC requires only 6KB of resources, and can be customized extensively. It’s a great pick for users who want to create a professional-looking WordPress website in minutes.
Image via Pixpa
Last on our list of the best website builders is Pixpa.
Pixpa stands out from other website builders in that it’s tailored for photographers and artists.
What we love about Pixpa is that it’s an all-in-one platform. It offers a full range of features, allowing users to create their own website, set up an online store, build beautiful digital portfolios, as well as start a successful blog.
Now, let’s take a deep dive into some of Pixpa’s best features.
- Pixpa’s Client Proofing feature is truly one of a kind. Creative professionals can use it to share their work with clients, communicate with them, receive feedback, and even enable ecommerce features to sell images.
- Connects to Google Analytics to help website owners see where their traffic is coming from.
- Pixpa’s built-in SEO, social, and marketing tools can be of great value for building an online presence.
- Pixpa enables users to pick from a selection of over 500 fonts.
- Pixpa websites are hosted on their fully-managed cloud hosting.
- The platform doesn’t eat into your profits by charging any sort of commission.
- Image and video downloads can be a bit slow.
- There aren’t many templates to choose from.
- Pixpa is pretty easy and intuitive to use.
Pixpa offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all new subscriptions. A free 15-day trial is also available that allows users to sign up without a credit card.
- Personal – $7 per month
- Expert – $10 per month
- Business – $16 per month
Pro Tip: Pixpa’s money-back guarantee comes only with annual plans. All monthly plans are considered non-refundable.
Q1. Which website builder is the best?
A. All the best website builders listed in this post are great for different purposes .
But if you want a generic one that’s the best overall, then that’s undoubtedly Wix. It comes with an intuitive interface, a drag-and-drop web builder, and hundreds of customizable templates.
Wix makes it possible for anyone without technical knowledge to build a professional website.
Q2. What is the easiest site to build a website?
A. The easiest website builder has to be Zyro. It comes with a flexible, easy-to-use editor that lets users create a website without any coding. Its handy grid-based interface goes the extra mile in simplifying the process of website creation.
Q3. How can I build my website for free?
A. The best website builders, such as Wix, can help you create a website for free. However, there might be some limitations. For instance, you won’t get a custom domain name with your free website on Wix.
Q4. Which website builder is best for small businesses?
A. Website builders such as Wix, Zyro, and Squarespace are highly suitable for small businesses. They offer beautiful web design templates that are easy to customize. What’s more, these site builders come with a wide range of subscription plans to choose from.
Q5. What's the best website builder for an ecommerce startup?
A. If you want to build an ecommerce website quickly and reasonably, you should consider creating an account on Shopify.
The ecommerce platform leverages omnichannel selling, simplifies taxation, offers a robust email marketing tool, and supports a large number of external payment getaways.
Q6. What is the best free responsive website builder?
A. If you’re looking for a free responsive website builder, you can place your bet on Wix. All websites created on Wix are optimized for desktops, tablets, and mobiles to ensure a top-notch user experience across devices.
However, opting for the free version also means that Wix can display ads on your website. Moreover, you won’t get a custom domain name.
Q7. How much does it cost to set up a website?
A. The cost of website building depends on a number of factors such as the number of pages on your site, design complexity, your desired level of customization, etc.
That being said, gone are the days when one had to spend thousands of dollars to build and publish a website. Invest in a good website builder, and you can set up your site for a few hundred dollars or even for free.
Q8. What type of website should I make?
A. There are several types of websites you can make, such as an ecommerce website, a blog, a portfolio website, or a landing page.
To figure out which website type is best for you, follow these steps:
- Assess your needs
- Explore what other companies/competitors have done
- Understand the needs of your audience
- Narrow down on a budget
- Invest in one of the best website builders
Q9. How long does it take to build a website?
A. Building a website from scratch is time-consuming, and can take anywhere between two to four months. However, by investing in a good website builder, you can have a professional website up and running in just a few hours.
Q10. Do I have to pay monthly for a website?
A. Whether you need to pay monthly for a website totally depends on your requirements. Apart from the one-time cost of setting up a website, recurring expenses may include domain name costs, website maintenance costs, and so forth.
That being said, there are several website builders that can let you own a website for free, for life. However, this generally comes with some limitations.
Which of the Best Website Builders Will You Choose?
We get it. Setting up a website has never been so easy.
By investing in one of the best website builders, you can have the website of your dreams up and running in just a few days. And let’s not forget how affordable it is!
Note that each of the 6 website builders on our list has its own strengths. What works for your friend, may not work for you.
So, before you settle for one, take some time to assess your business needs and budget.
And if you’re still confused, don’t hesitate to try out as many website builders as possible by leveraging their free trials.
Eventually, you will find the best fit.
Which of these best website builders will you pick? Are there any good website builders we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments below!