Not sure if Zoom’s privacy features are up to the mark?
If you are on the lookout for suitable Zoom alternatives, you aren’t alone.
In 2020, Zoom’s popularity skyrocketed as work-from-home became the norm.
But the fame was short-lived.
Given the multiple instances of Zoombombing reported in 2020, it’s understandable that people are looking for safer Zoom alternatives.
After all, no one wants uninvited guests disrupting a professional meeting.
But which Zoom alternatives are right for you? Which are the best free and paid Zoom alternatives?
Let’s find the answers here.
32 Best Zoom Alternatives That You Can Check Out For Video Conferencing
In this post, we will cover the best Zoom alternatives along with their key features, paid plans, pros, cons, and other details.
It will give you a balanced perspective on each of the tools.
Before you pick from this list of Zoom alternatives, make sure you check out all the details properly.
Before you take your pick from the list of Zoom alternatives, make sure you check out all the details properly.
Let’s get started.
This is one of the popular Zoom alternatives that businesses use as a video conferencing platform for collaboration among remote teams. The best part is that it has options for free video conferencing.
Check out the features, pros, and cons to make an informed choice when investing in Zoom alternatives like Cisco Webex.
- Offers screen and file-sharing options
- Comes equipped with on-screen emojis, gesture recognition, and animated reactions
- Gives the ability to translate video meetings in real-time in more than 100 languages
- Add custom layouts to your screen
- Provides multiple integrations
- Gives real-time meeting analytics
- Offers noise cancellation features
- Easy-to-use platform
- Advanced encryption and security features
- Multiple integrations
- HD-quality audio and video
- Some technical issues with the unmuting feature
- Limited features available for browser users
- Free Plan
- Meet + Call Plan: $20 per month
- Meet Plan: $15 per month
- Call Plan: $12 per month
- Enterprise Plan: Contact their sales team
Image via Webex
This is one of the top Zoom alternatives that place a great deal of emphasis on business intelligence and are, therefore, great for small businesses and startups. It has multiple products for video conferencing services, live streaming, and other such functionalities.
It is designed so that you can improve your productivity with advanced features like meeting highlights, transcriptions, automated alerts, and others. What’s more, this is among the Zoom alternatives to offer interoperability so that users can access video meetings between browsers, devices, and different meeting room systems.
- Provides dynamic meeting summaries
- Gives real-time alerts for remote meetings
- Offers in-meeting analytics
- Provides the ability to transcribe meetings
- Efficient background noise cancellation
- Intuitive user interface
- Easy screen-sharing options
- Reliable technical support
- Multiple apps integrations
- Adjusting settings for group meetings can seem confusing
- BlueJeans Standard Plan: $9.99 per month
- BlueJeans Pro: $13.99 per month
- BlueJeans Enterprise: $16.66 per month
Image via BlueJeans
GoToMeeting by LogMeIn is one of the easiest-to-use Zoom alternatives that makes it easy for team members to collaborate. From business messaging and seamless integrations to note-taking, it has multiple features to facilitate smooth video conferencing.
What else makes this feature in the list of smart Zoom alternatives? Read on.
- Enables you to share your screen on a video call
- Allows you to direct attention with drawing tools
- Can switch presenter control easily
- Offers background customization options
- Has commuter mode to host video meetings on-the-go
- High-quality video
- Easy document sharing option
- Can record meetings easily
- Can connect via phone or computer
- This is one of the few Zoom alternatives to have an outdated interface
- The mobile app has limited options
- Professional Plan: $10.20 per month
- Business Plan: $13.60 per month
- Enterprise Plan: Contact their sales team for a quote
Image via GoToMeeting
If you’re on the lookout for Zoom alternatives that specifically focuses on webinar hosting, you should opt for WebinarNinja. It enables you to host pre-recorded webinars as well as live ones. As expected from top Zoom alternatives, WebinarNinja comes with a host of features that can make your sessions more interactive.
- Enables you to conduct Q&A sessions and polls
- Allows you to set up promotional drip campaigns
- Gives you the option to display multiple webinar offers
- Provides in-depth webinar insights
- Easy-to-use platform
- Multiple customization options
- One of the Zoom alternatives to offer great customer service
- Fully web-based platform
- Limited editing access for co-hosts
- Might need a long learning curve
- Starter Plan: $49 per month
- Pro Plan: $95 per month
- Plus Plan: $159 per month
- Power Plan: $249 per month
Image via WebinarNinja
One of the best Zoom alternatives out there, Zoho has a suite of team collaboration tools which also includes a software solution for conducting video conferences. Plus, they also have a specific Zoom alternative that is great for hosting webinars. The best part is that they offer multiple paid plans that cater to businesses of varying sizes.
Let’s see what else makes Zoho a strong contender for the list of top Zoom alternatives.
- Allows you to get RSVPs for your online meetings
- Enables you to schedule meeting reminders
- Provides the option to lock online meetings for privacy
- Gives attendees the option to raise hands during webinars
- Offers multiple integrations
- Easy-to-use platform
- Reliable mobile video conferencing support
- Well-structured, flexible pricing plans
- Securely encrypts your video and audio data
- Unlike many Zoom alternatives, Zoho allows only three users to join in the free version.
- Meeting Plan: $8.63 per host per month
- Webinar 25 Plan: $16.19 per host per month
- Webinar 50 Plan: $24.82 per host per month
- Webinar 100 Plan: $33.46 per host per month
- Webinar 250 Plan: $67.99 per host per month
Image via Zoho
If you want to schedule meetings or host online webinars, Livestorm is one of the best Zoom alternatives you can try. Even without installing the app, you can get access to online meetings via Livestorm. It is designed such that it caters to the needs of startups as well as enterprises.
Check out what else makes Livestorm one of the viable Zoom alternatives.
- Enables you to add polls, questions, and chat to boost interactivity
- Makes it easy to record webinars and meetings
- Enables you to automate webinars with predetermined workflows
- Gives seamless integration with popular apps
- Intuitive interface
- Easy-to-use platform
- Quick customer support
- Great video quality
- Provides a limited number of streams on a webinar
- Offers limited customization options
- Webinar and Meet Basic Plan: Free
- Webinar Premium Plan: $109 per host per month
- Meet Premium Plan: $39 per host per month
Image via Livestorm
This is one of the Zoom alternatives to offer more advanced capabilities compared to other webinar software out there. With its easy integration option, you can easily embed this platform into your website as well.
Why else have we included this in our list of Zoom alternatives? Let’s find out.
- Allows you to send invitations via emails and text messages
- Enables you to add forms, surveys, and events in automated events
- Provides easy recording options along with storage space
- Provides you the option to add prominent calls-to-action buttons and polls
- Enables you to add branding for your webinar sessions
- Intuitive interface
- Easy-to-use platform
- Quick customer support
- As expected from good Zoom alternatives, Livestorm offers great video quality
- May face technical issues once in a while
- Free Plan: $0 per month!
- Pro Plan: $11.99 per month
- Business Plan: $95.20 per month
- Custom Plan: Contact their sales representatives
Image via Live Webinar
If you are looking for Zoom alternatives designed specifically to help corporations and educational institutions, give Newrow a try.
It has options that enable users to manage webinars as well as create online courses. Among all the other Zoom alternatives listed here, this one is a bit unique.
- Provides a digital whiteboard that has collaborative features
- Enables you to upload and even share files within the secure cloud storage
- Allows you to broadcast notes for webinar participants
- Allows you to share your screen easily
- One of the Zoom alternatives to have a user-friendly interface
- Doesn’t require installation
- Great customer support
- Always adding new features
- The audio quality may not be great at times.
- Meeting 15 Plan: $32 per month
- Meeting 25 Plan: $51 per month
- Custom Plan: As per your requirements
- (Extra) Recording Plan: $20 per month
Image via Newrow
Which Zoom alternatives to use if you want to host virtual meetings that have up to 500 attendees? You can definitely explore RingCentral.
You can join virtual meetings from your browser directly without the need to download the app. With RingCentral, you can also switch between devices without facing any kind of disruption.
Need more proof that this is one of the suitable Zoom alternatives for your business? Read on.
- Allows you to share your screen
- Enables you to create up to 50 breakout rooms
- Gives you the ability to collaborate via annotations and whiteboards
- Enables you to join video calls directly from messaging threads
- Provides you the ability to edit files in real-time
- Multiple integration options
- Easy to use platform
- Get real-time analytics
- Has a built-in webinar tool
- Unlike most other Zoom alternatives, RingCentral can be confusing for some users.
- Essentials: $19.99/user per month
- Standard: $24.99/user per month
- Premium: $34.99/user per month
- Ultimate: $49.99/user per month
Image via RingCentral
Google Meet is one of the best Zoom alternatives on the market for a reason. The platform offers free video meetings that are perfect for businesses of all sizes with free and paid plans.
What’s more, you'll enjoy crystal clear audio and video and a host of other advanced features that make online meetings more productive.
As we have done with other Zoom alternatives, we will list its features, pros, cons, and pricing.
- Free unlimited meetings for up to 100 participants
- A built-in noise cancellation feature
- Advanced host permissions to deny or remove a user during a video meeting
- Supports document, presentation, and spreadsheet sharing
- Autogenerated subtitles
- One of the many Zoom alternatives that are easy to use
- Runs on any browser
- Automatically integrates with Google Calendar
- Offers a longer meeting time limit than Zoom in the free plan
- Difficult to run a meeting on devices with a low processor and memory
- Sometimes experience glitches when video conferencing over a bad internet connection
- Limited languages available compared to other Zoom alternatives
- Google Meet Free: Free
- Google Workspace Individual: $7.99 per month
- Google Workspace Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing
Image via Google Meet
Microsoft Teams is an all-in-one video calling software and one of the best Zoom alternatives that helps your team work together more productively.
As you can expect from top Zoom alternatives, Microsoft Teams offers several tools such as free video conferencing, file sharing, and chat function. In fact, it offers most other tools your team needs to work seamlessly across multiple devices.
- Online video calling and chat features
- Team document storage in SharePoint
- Screen sharing
- Online meetings for your teams
- Audio conferencing
- Improves communication across all teams
- Among the best Zoom alternatives with an Android and iOS app to keep you connected via mobile phones
- Easy, transparent new team member onboarding
- The Microsoft Teams interface may feel congested and confusing with many tools available
- Compared to most Zoom alternatives, you may experience a tedious first-time installation process with Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft Teams Free: Free
- Microsoft Teams Essentials: $4.00 user/month
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: $6.00 user/month
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: $12.50 user/month
Image via Microsoft Teams
Skype is one of the best Zoom alternatives that allows you to connect from practically anywhere.
It also helps you host video meetings with a video conferencing service and instant messaging. And this also makes it one of the most suitable Zoom alternatives for businesses and professionals.
- Allows you to send text messages and host private conversations
- Supports high-quality HD live video calls and audio calls
- Offers local phone numbers for specific regions
- Instant messaging and screen sharing
- Charges a flat fee for unlimited calls
- This Zoom alternative has an app for Android and iOS
- Easy to use interface
- Integrated text messaging
- Installs on any operating system
- Supports mobile devices via the video calling app
- Does not work well without a fast internet connection
- May lag your computer as it consumes a lot of memory
- Unlike most Zoom alternatives, Skype’s audio quality is not optimal
- No emergency calls
- Free Plan: Free
- United States Subscription: $2.99 per month
- India: $7.99 per month
- North America: $7.99 per month
Image via Skype
Google Hangouts is one of the best Zoom alternatives for virtual online meetings. It's a cross-platform instant messaging service that lets you keep in touch with one person or a group.
Whether you need Zoom alternatives that have instant messaging and voice calling, or the capability to share files and photos, Google Hangouts is up to the task. It is one of the Zoom alternatives that offer multiple features and functionalities.
- File sharing
- You can send text messages from within the app
- Can be accessed through the phone, Mac, Windows, Ubuntu, Chrome, and other browsers
- An easy to use Zoom alternative
- Multi-device compatibility
- Great to interact with people in remote areas
- One of the free Zoom alternatives with great features
- Lacks end-to-end encryption
- Has fewer features compared to other Zoom alternatives
- Google Hangouts is free to use
Image via Google Hangouts
Eyeson is one of the best Zoom alternatives on the market for easy and efficient online collaboration.
It's a cloud-based video conferencing tool that uses multi-point processing technology, which allows you to add live video, voice, and data to your projects.
What makes it one of the best Zoom alternatives?
Let’s see its features, pros, and cons to find out.
- Hosts loads of solutions for financial services, medical management, gamers, coaching, and more
- Has split or multiple live video streaming features for multiple users
- Supports video call recording and screen sharing
- Supports live chat
- Eyeson is one of the Zoom alternatives to offer a free version for developers
- Guarantees safety and security by generating temporary servers for each meeting
- Easy to use on PCs and smartphones
- Supports the 9 most active participants at a time out of the 100 on the video podium, who keep switching places
- Customer support needs improvement
- Free version for developers: $0 per month
- Operational plan pricing: Starts at an estimated $6.30 per month
- Enterprise pla: Available
Image via Eyeson
Jitsi Meet is a secure platform packed with advanced features that make virtual collaboration easy, like many other Zoom alternatives.
You will love the tight access controls, and the variety of third-party software integrations enabled for businesses and professionals alike.
Let’s see what else makes this qualify for the list of top Zoom alternatives.
- Simultaneous screen and camera sharing
- Real-time chats help keep track of conversations
- Supports live streaming from Jitsi to YouTube
- The host can remotely control meeting participants
- Integrates with Microsoft Calendar, Slack, and Google Calendar
- Jitsi Meet supports up to 100 meeting participants at the same time
- User-friendly interface
- No accounts needed to use the service
- Guarantees top-notch security with end-to-end encryption
- One of the best free Zoom alternatives
- Also offers transcription and the ability to share recorded meetings
- Offers only basic features compared to other Zoom alternatives
- The free plan only hosts meetings for a maximum of 40 minutes
- Recording can be patchy sometimes
- Jitsi Meet is one of the Zoom alternatives that is free to use
- Contact sales for paid business plans
Image via Jitsi Meet
FaceTime is one of the best Zoom alternatives for online meetings on Apple devices. With its clear audio and video quality, you'll be able to communicate with your colleagues and clients wherever they are.
It has all the features you’d expect from top Zoom alternatives and is the platform of choice for Apple users.
- Like most Zoom alternatives, FaceTime allows you to share screens with your colleagues, friends, and partners
- The SharePlay feature allows for watching videos, movies, and shows on FaceTime calls
- FaceTime spatial audio enhances a natural in-person conversation via FaceTime calls
- Voice isolation filters ambient background noise
- Portrait mode enhances visual focus, producing high-quality videos
- Allows you to invite non-Apple users on any browser
- Great audio and video quality
- This Zoom alternative operates seamlessly on Apple devices
- Unlike many Zoom alternatives, FaceTime comes installed on Apple devices. No additional installation is required
- Restricted to Apple devices
- Needs more software integrations for business use
- A limited number of business group users
- FaceTime is a free service from Apple. Additional charges are only incurred when using a cellular network.
Image via FaceTime
Join.me platform is one of the best Zoom alternatives out there, providing everything you need for virtual meetings with colleagues, clients, or friends.
You can host or join a meeting from anywhere in the world with the toll-free audio and a free video conferencing service.
- Cloud recording allows PRO or BUSINESS users to revisit meetings anytime
- Easily integrates with Office 365, Slack, Chrome, G-Suite, Trello, HubSpot, and so on
- Secure, protected online meetings with TLS
- Share mouse control with anyone in the meeting
- Safe and secure communications
- Incredibly easy to use
- Responsive customer service
- One of the few Zoom alternatives to have a price-friendly option for starters and small businesses
- Tons of room for improvement on the video quality
- Not as popular as other Zoom alternatives on the market
- Limited countries supported on the local dial
- Sometimes, shared links fail to function
- Lite: $10 per month
- Pro: $20 per month
- Business: $30 per month
Image via Join.me
Discord is one of the best Zoom alternatives with an all-round collection of features for your team.
You get access to topic-based server channels, so you can build your community just the way you want it.
- Unlike most Zoom alternatives, communication channels are built around servers
- Houses multiple features, e.g., voice calls, live video calls, and chat messages
- Discord automation bots automate messaging
- Screen sharing features
- Features an interactive user interface
- You can do personal video chat on servers or do group video calling
- Easy to create servers
- Discord is more like a social media app that businesses don’t prefer for big online meetings
- It takes long to launch the desktop app version
- Low audio quality issues in voice calls
- Free plan: $0 per month
- Discord Nitro Classic: $4.99 per month
- Discord Nitro: $9.99 per month
Image via Discord
Looking for a Zoom alternative that allows you to integrate all your traditional siloed apps? Look no further than Element.
The Matrix-based app bridges with commonly used communication apps including WhatsApp, Slack, Signal, Microsoft Teams, Discord, and Telegram.
This means, you just need Element to monitor communication across these apps. What’s more, you get a fully managed Matrix server and a hosting service to keep your account secure.
After all, these are the features you would expect from top Zoom alternatives, right?
- A unified secure collaboration platform
- Unlimited messages, group video, and voice calls
- Reliable hosting platform
- Instant file and screen sharing
- Compatible with Android, Windows, iOS, Web, Linux, and macOS
- Single sign-on
- Bridges ensure interoperability with business tools
- Free option
- Strong security features
- Server federation
- Not fully audited
- Occasional mobile bug
- Element: Free
- Element One: $5 per user per month
- Element Home: $10 per user per month
Image via Element
Chanty is a great way to keep your team connected and achieve your collaboration goals. Its suite of communication tools and ease of use make it one of the best Zoom alternatives.
From high-quality video/audio calls, file sharing, and Kanban boards, to project management tools, Chanty has it all.
Want to know what else makes Chanty one of the smart Zoom alternatives? Let’s take a look.
- Supports up to 49 videos and 1000 video participants
- Kanban board for easy task management
- Teambook organizes conversations, tasks, pinned messages, and other shared content
- Discuss tasks feature helps create a workflow for specific tasks
- Alerts on deadlines
- Integrates with Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive for storage
- Efficient search functions
- Project tool integration
- Unlimited messaging history
- Clean interface
- Link invites not available for meetings
- Free plan comes with limited features
- Free plan: $0 for 10 users per month
- Business: $3 per user per month
Image via Chanty
If you are looking for Zoom alternatives with the best-in-class security features, Brosix is the right choice.
This is one of the few Zoom alternatives that employs AES 256-bit encryption for its communication channels -the strongest encryption in the market.
As expected from top Zoom alternatives, Brosix also offers multiple collaboration features. While these features may not be as comprehensive as what you get in other Zoom alternatives, it does have stand-out features such as co-browsing, group chat, and screen sharing.
Read on to know what else makes us include this on our list of Zoom alternatives.
- Customizable Private Team Network for internal communication
- Supports audio, text, and video calls
- This Zoom alternative features the best security and data encryption algorithms
- Wide range of collaboration and communication features including virtual whiteboard, remote desktop, file sharing, and standard chat
- Granular administrative features
- Easy screen sharing and co-browsing
- Easy to use
- Strong encryption algorithm
- Collaboration tools
- Co-browsing feature
- Outdated interface
- Conversation history gets deleted at times
- Startup: $0 for 3 users per month
- Business: $4 per user per month
- Premium:: $6 per user per month
Image via Brosix
Video and audio calls apart, most businesses expect a Zoom alternative to provide robust project management tools to help streamline their tasks.
This is exactly what nTask offers. As the name suggests, nTask is a project management platform that team members can use to collaborate on meetings, issues, tasks, and projects.
But that's not the only reason to call it a Zoom alternative.
nTask is a great way to keep all your work-related documents organized in one place. Easy integration with popular apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Slack streamlines task assignment and management for remote and in-house teams.
Check out nTask’s features to find out if it truly is a viable Zoom alternative.
- Video and audio call app integration
- Smart timeline to visualize and track project deadlines
- Built-in Gantt charts and Kanban Boards to streamline workflow
- Assign roles and log in billable hours
- Meeting scheduler and calendar syncing
- Document sharing
- Comprehensive project management tools
- Integrations with Google Calendar, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and other apps
- Efficient task and time tracking
- Mobile applications
- Attacking files can take time
- Lack of advanced reporting features
You can try out the features of this Zoom alternative with a 14-day free trial. The paid plans are in these tiers:
- Premium: $3 per user per month
- Business: $6 per user per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Image via nTask
The growing concern over data security is one of the primary reasons many businesses are searching for a suitable Zoom alternative.
We have talked about alternatives that offer you top-notch security in this write-up and Wire is one of them.
It qualifies as a good Zoom alternative on the basis of video conferencing capabilities and robust ETE (end-to-end) encryption.
That’s not all. You can deploy this messenger tool on your cloud server, Wire's Cloud, or on-premises server while accessing its features on PC, mobile, or web.
Check out its features, pros, and cons.
- Good quality ETE video conferencing and calls
- Up to 100 participants in audio calls and 50 participants in video
- Robust security algorithms
- Self-destructing messages
- Sketching feature in the mobile app to explain or demonstrate concepts
- Noise reduction and screen sharing
- Option to send a secure meeting link to groups
- Supports large conferencing
- Secure messaging and file sharing
- Calendar integrations
- Open source code
- Single sign-on
- Slow loading time
- Occasional call drops
- Wire for Free: $0 for 5 users per month
- Wire for Enterprise: $7.65 for unlimited users per month
- Wire for Government: Custom pricing
Image via Wire
HeySpace is a Zoom alternative that you need to streamline collaboration and project management.
As expected from a top Zoom alternative, you can find a range of features such as screen sharing, instant messaging, group chats, video, and voice calls.
What’s more, HeySpace offers integrations that help you plan and execute your tasks effectively.
What else makes this a suitable Zoom alternative? Let’s take a closer look at its features, pros, cons, and pricing to find out.
- Comprehensive chat tools that let you add file attachments, message specific individuals with tagging, and task conversion features
- HeySpace board view helps you visualize your workflow and prioritize tasks
- Assign roles and monitor progress
- OverWatch, MyTasks, and calender help you schedule events, view tasks, and manage them on a timeline
- Google Hangouts integration for video calls
- A simple user interface
- Multiple app integrations
- Streamlined project management
- Automation feature for repetitive tasks
- Google Drive integration needs improvement
- No search option
- Free:: $0 for up to 5 users per month
- Premium: $5 per user per month
Image via HeySpace
VoIP technology has been a clear choice for business communication over the last decade.. These systems are more flexible, cheaper, and offer more functionality compared to traditional phone systems.
If you are wondering if there is a Zoom alternative that gives you progressive VoIP options with a range of smart collaboration features, consider using Dialpad.
This Zoom alternative offers an AI-powered cloud platform and makes it easy for you to collaborate and connect efficiently through VoIP.
In addition to unlimited calls, it offers HD video calling and call forwarding, apart from group messaging and real-time transcription.
Here are the other capabilities that make Dialpad a smart alternative to Zoom.
- Hold video meetings, send text messages, and make calls from a single place
- Dialpad Talk comes with advanced features including call monitoring and voice recognition
- Access HD calls and chats from anywhere
- Smart noise cancellation on all channels including mobile, desktop, browser, or PSTN (public switched telephone network)
- Voice Intelligence provides real-time transcription and tracks metrics such as use of keywords
- Multiple OS compatibility
- Geographic call routing
- Cloud-based mobility
- AI-powered transcription and insights
- Powerful integrations
- Free video conferencing
- Desktop app can be slow
- Can be expensive for larger teams
- Free video meetings: Up to 10 participants per month
- Standard:: $15 per user per month
- Pro: $25 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact the company for pricing details
Image via Dialpad
For businesses that are spread across multiple locations or have remote teams, the ideal Zoom alternatives are those that help handle remote workstations. Of course, these capabilities need to be an add-on to all the features that Zoom offers.
If these are your expectations from Zoom alternatives, give TeamViewer a try. With this platform, you can connect with remote teams, offer technical support, or troubleshoot your customers’ issues without being in the same place.
State-of-the-art encryption and security protocols are the other reasons to include this in the list of top Zoom alternatives.
That said, take a look at its features in more detail to make an informed decision.
- Voice, video calling, and chat features to streamline remote communication
- Remote access software enables you to operate and control multiple workstation computers with a simple email invite
- File-transfer features such as a dual-pane, standard file manager and File Box to streamline access to files between remote and local computers
- Supports remote printing, and WON (Wake-on-LAN)
- Easy sharing of screens, application window, or the entire desktop
- Provide online coaching, troubleshoot tech problems remotely, or conduct meetings
- Comprehensive communication and collaboration features
- Single app for online meetings and remote access
- Multi-level security
- Easy to use
- No router configuration required to set up TeamViewer
- Transfering large files can be difficult
- Occasional lags
Like most Zoom alternatives, pricing plans are categorized based on the number of users. For single users, there are two pricing plans (Remote Access and Business).Small teams can opt for Premium or Corporate plans.
- Remote Access for a single user: $6.95 per month
- Business for a single user: $24.90 per month
- Premium: $102.90 for 15 users per month
- Corporate: $206.90 for 30 users per month
- Enterprise: Contact the company for pricing details
Image via TeamViewer
Viber is one of the popular Zoom alternatives. It lets users make voice calls and send texts to other Viber users.
The fact that it is completely free is the reason why Viber finds a place in the list of top Zoom alternatives.
Wait. There’s more.
Viber runs on multiple devices including laptops, smartphones, and desktops in addition to offering best-in-class privacy and security safeguards.
Here are some of the capabilities that make this one of the viable Zoom alternatives.
- Free and unlimited voice calls, text messages, and HD video calls to Viber users.
- International calls are enabled to Viber members across different countries
- Integrates with smartphones to present call screen notifications and a view of call log apart from push notifications of messages
- Viber makes it easy to send and receive videos, audio messages, and photos.
- Transfer your video calls between smartphone and computer
- Create “communities” of Viber users to strengthen social connections.
- Easy to use
- Instant messaging, group chats, HD video calls
- Supports landline calls
- Streamline file sharing
- Call blocking is not supported
- No collaboration tools
- Like some Zoom alternatives listed here, Viber is free for single users and small teams.
Image via Viber
If you want Zoom alternatives that enable full HD video conferencing, TrueConf is a great choice. According to its website, TrueConf was the world’s first platform to offer UltraHD quality in video calls.
The self-hosted messaging platform is one of the great Zoom alternatives because it guarantees security and integrates seamlessly with conference room systems and VoIP.
In addition, you also get a host of collaboration tools to streamline your workflow.
Let’s see what else you can do with this Zoom alternative.
- Secure Full and UltraHD video calls
- Organize video conferences of 4k resolution with a thousand participants.
- Initiate ad-hoc meetings with a quick view of participants’ availability and online address book
- Compatibility with VoIP devices on TrueConf Server, PSTN and PBX subscribers
- Automated video conference scheduling
- Comprehensive team messaging features
- Share either specific windows, the entire screen, or browser tab
- Special distant/group education mode
- Remote conference management features
- UltraHD video calls and conferencing
- Virtual classrooms, webinars, and audio conferencing
- Best-in-class encryption
- Seamless integrations
- Only one login is supported at a time
- Visual interface on the desktop seems dated
- Free: $0 for up to 12 participants and speakers a month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Image via TrueConf
Video conferencing, single sign-on, broadcasting, and whiteboarding—the perfect Zoom alternatives are those that can offer these capabilities.
Lifesize is one of the few cloud-based Zoom alternatives that combine the best of audio, web, and video conferencing, broadcasting, and 4k virtual meeting room experiences.
The award-winning platform boasts signal clarity, and a range of collaboration tools to optimize business communication and productivity.
What else makes it one of the sought-after Zoom alternatives?
Let’s find out.
- Lifesize Connect makes it easy to host meetings on any app including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, BlueJeans, GoToMeeting and many more
- Scheduled and instant meetings with Outlook and Google Calendar integrations
- Interoperability enables you to optimize Microsoft Teams experience by connecting with BlueJeans Gateway
- Lifesize Kaptivo Rooms enable collaboration by allowing you to save, digitize, and share physical whiteboard content
- CxEngage Video supports video-based conversations across support channels with customers
- Automatic recording, captioning and transcription through supported AI-based virtual assistant
- 4K Ultra HD video conferencing
- Kaptivo Rooms for collaboration
- Powerful integrations
- Enterprise-grade security
- Document sharing needs improvement
- Occasional quality issues when the volume of users are high
- Plus: $14.95 per host and up to 300 participants per month
- Enterprise: $14.95 per host and up to 500 participants per month
- Organization: Custom pricing
- Lifesize Kaptivo Rooms: $24 per month
Image via Lifesize
Are you in need of Zoom alternatives that give you HD video conferencing capabilities along with whiteboard drawing?
If so, Proticonf is the Zoom alternative you need. The multi-functional, high-quality web conferencing tool streamlines business collaboration and inter-team connection. Right from HD video conference, document upload, to whiteboard drawing, you can find it all here.
Here are the features, pros, cons, and pricing details.
- HD video conferencing with the ability to add 250 participants
- The web-based solution works in the browser, eliminating the need for downloads or installations
- Simultaneously share files, screen, audio, videos, whiteboard, and slide presentations
- Admin controls ensure you gain full control of conferences
- Stream conferences with Proficonf’s live streaming feature on social media channels including Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and Telegram
- Best-in-class security protocols
- Easy whiteboard file, media, and whiteboard sharing
- No downloads required
- Simple interface
- Whiteboard features are not comprehensive
- No iOS support
- Free: $0 for 5 participants per month
- Pro: $12 for 100 participants per month
- Premium: $25 for 250 participants per month
- Business::Pay as you go
Image via Proficonf
Scalability, flexibility, security, and top-notch call quality are just a few things that you would expect from a Zoom alternative.
And, when it comes to these attributes, Fuze will not disappoint you.
With Fuze, you can have up to 250 participants, host high-quality video conferences, and even share interactive content among your teams with ease.
Want to know what else makes Fuze one of the best Zoom alternatives? Take a look.
- A single interface for voice, messaging, content, and video collaboration
- Localized phone services across 110 countries
- Supports 12 HD video conference streams
- Direct Routing and Click-to-Connect options
- Powerful integrations with business tools including Outlook, Google Calendar, Zendesk, Salesforce, Bullhorn, and much more
- Calling feature compatible with mobile, desktop, Windows, and Mac OS X
- Strict security protocols cover all conversations no matter the location
- Schedule meetings and make calls from Gmail or Outlook
- Efficient conferencing capabilities
- Email, contacts, and calendar integrations
- Top notch security protocols
- An easy to use Zoom alternative
- Customer support is slow
- Sub-optimal international call quality
- Fuze Meetings: $15 per user per month
- Fuze Calling: $25 per user per month
- Fuze Pro: $35 per user per month
- Fuze International: $45 per user per month
- Fuze Unlimited Global: $65 per user per month
Image via Fuze
Hibox is one of the well-known Zoom alternatives that makes it easier for business teams to collaborate and connect.
In addition to the in-built video conferencing feature, Hibox offers a task management tool with advanced features.
Best of all, video conferencing and team messaging are integrated within Hibox which means there is no need to use different devices.
Let’s see what other features make Hibox one of the coveted Zoom alternatives.
- Private and secure chat designed for businesses
- Public Room for company-wide announcements
- One click live video call
- Project calendar view to create, view, and manage tasks
- AI-powered bot helps streamline tasks
- View, organize, and share files with ease
- One-click video conferencing
- Robust integrations
- Comprehensive task management
- Secure group and one-on-one chat
- The mobile version faces some lag issues
- Expensive for larger teams
- Pro: $4.50 per user per month
- Enterprise: $6 per user per month
Image via Hibox
Q1. What is the best alternative to Zoom?
A. Some of the best Zoom alternatives are:
- Zoho Meeting
- Cisco Webex
Q2. Why is Zoom so popular?
A. Zoom became a popular free video conferencing solution with the increasing demand for such platforms during the COVID crisis.
As work-from-home became the norm, Zoom chanced upon the increasing need for a reliable video conferencing solution.
Some of the reasons why Zoom became a popular video conferencing tool over its rivals include:
- It is easy to use.
- Their free plan allows meetings for up to 100 participants.
- When you share a meeting link, anyone can join the meetings without downloading the app.
- It has multiple features for collaboration.
- It enables you to split a meeting into 50 different meeting rooms.
- It has multiple integrations available.
Q3. What is a free alternative to Zoom?
A. Some free Zoom alternatives are:
- Cisco Webex
Q4. Does Google have something like Zoom?
A. Yes, Google Meet is one of the popular Zoom alternatives that users can use for completely free. It is a cloud-based video conferencing software program.
Google Duo is another video calling solution from the G suite, but it is meant mainly for personal video chat or private group video calls. Think of it as a FaceTime alternative with only basic features.
Q5. Is Zoom better than Skype?
A. Both Zoom and Skype are video conferencing software solutions with very similar features. While Skype is one of the widely used Zoom alternatives, Zoom does have an edge over Skype in terms of functionality.
Some areas where Zoom wins over Skype include:
- You can split your meeting into 50 separate sessions using the breakouts rooms feature.
- It offers multiple third-party integrations.
- It offers a basic free plan that allows collaboration for up to 100 participants.
- It offers great online support
Q6. What are more secure alternatives to Zoom?
A. Some of the most secure Zoom alternatives include:
- Cisco Webex
- Microsoft Teams
- … and others!
(Scroll above to check out the security features of all Zoom alternatives mentioned here.)
Q7. Is Zoom available for free?
A. Yes, Zoom offers a free Basic Plan to host personal meetings. Their free plan includes the following key features:
- You can host up to 100 attendees in one meeting
- You can host unlimited meetings (one-to-one) without any time limit.
- You can host unlimited group meetings for up to 40 minutes.
Q8. Which video meeting app is best?
A. The best video conferencing service will depend on what your requirements are and what your budget is. While Zoom is widely used, you can also pick Zoom alternatives for video conferencing from this list:
- Cisco Webex
- …and others
Q9. Which is the safest online video conferencing platform?
A. All Zoom alternatives listed here offer different layers of security to ensure that your data stays safe with them. Some of the safest online video conferencing platforms include:
- Cisco Webex
- … and others.
To learn more about the security features of each of these video conferencing tools, check out the details in this post on Zoom alternatives.
Q10. What are the disadvantages of using Zoom?
A. Here are some cons of Zoom that necessitate the use of Zoom alternatives:
- Zoombombing: Instances of uninvited guests hijacking remote meetings have raised questions over the tool’s privacy and security features.
- Expensive add-ons: Zoom offers multiple add-on features which are convenient if you want a better experience. However, they can be quite pricey.
If you are not happy with Zoom, there are multiple Zoom alternatives that offer similar team collaboration platforms. Some of them even have premium features. Before you pick the best Zoom alternative for your business, make sure you’re checking the pros, and cons of each tool properly. Ready to make a choice?
Do you have any questions about the Zoom alternatives mentioned in this post? We’ll be happy to answer them. Please feel free to mention them in the comments section.