Does BuzzSumo seem too costly? Then you should be looking out for the best BuzzSumo alternatives.
After all, if you could get the same features at a cheaper price, wouldn’t it be great?
BuzzSumo surely is an impeccable tool in the digital space. With its ability to discover the latest topics and generate content ideas online, you can easily inform your content strategy.
However, BuzzSumo isn’t the most affordable platform out there. In fact, its paid plans start at $99 per month.
That’s where the need for BuzzSumo alternatives arises. These platforms can help you get access to the same features at an affordable price.
So, let’s take a look at them.
7 Best BuzzSumo Alternatives to Consider in 2022
Image via BuzzSumo
When it comes to choosing one of the best BuzzSumo alternatives, how can you choose the right one?
There are many options out there, and without thorough research, you never know what you're missing out on.
But, here's the deal – we’ve done the job for you and shortlisted the ones packed with top-notch features.
Here are some of the best BuzzSumo alternatives you can consider.
Image via ContentStudio
Did you know, streamlining content marketing can save up to 70 hours per month? Is your team still doing content curation manually?
ContentStudio is a powerful platform that can streamline your content creation and social media marketing process.
It offers content insights, automatic analytics and reporting, a unified social inbox, AI-powered captions, and much more.
Also, guess what?
This BuzzSumo alternative comes with a discovery feature, which continuously suggests the latest topics according to your selected preferences.
Besides, planning and scheduling your month's content only takes about a couple of hours – your team gets more productive.
- Built-in editorial calendar to plan content and collaborate with your team
- Track KPIs and measure analytics across multiple channels
- Auto-sync media library to keep media files and brand creatives in one place
- Direct Instagram publishing without installing any add-ons
- Multi-channel composer with an intuitive editor and automatic SEO optimization
- AI-generated social captions make publishing easy
- Brings everything under a single roof
- Affordable pricing options
- Team members not allowed in the Pro plan
- 14-day free trial available
- Pro: $39/month
- Small: $79/month
- Medium: $159/month
- Large: $239/month
Image via Hootsuite
Quality and quantity go hand in hand when it comes to generating content. With Hootsuite’s social media management platform, you can provide quality content and save major hours. It simplifies content research, content discovery, and the creation of on-brand content.
You're probably wondering, how – right? Here's how.
It offers a composer feature through which you can do content research and easily create high-performing, engaging, and brand-oriented content.
On the other hand, the Bulk Composer of this BuzzSumo alternative allows you to maintain a strong social presence by scheduling all social media posts in advance. You can also analyze and monitor your progress and always stay at the top of your game.
- Access to hassle-free video publishing and media library assets
- Maximize engagement with tailored publishing guidelines and time frame
- Avail consistent insights from team members through seamless work collaborations
- Easy dashboard stream creation to curate and share great content
- Proofpoint integration to automate screening and analysis
- Easy to schedule and publish content
- Instant discovery of trending content
- Team collaboration works well
- Limited scheduled posts allowed for free accounts
- You can avail of a 30-day free trial.
- Free version available
- Professional: $49/month
- Team: $129/month
- Business: $599/month
- Enterprise: Contact team
Image via Feedly
Have you ever seen a feed customized just for you? Well, if you use Feedly, that’s exactly what you’ll get.
This BuzzSumo alternative works just like any other RSS feed where you can do content discovery, reading, and explore relevant content in your preferred niché.
With it, you can filter engaging content ideas, read desired insights, and keep distracting content at bay.
This BuzzSumo alternative takes care of your social media activities, keeping you informed about the mentions and hashtag performance.
From blogs to newsletters and Twitter – you can stay connected with the social media management insights of all the platforms and get them delivered directly to your feed. Just set up Leo, your AI research assistant, and you're good to go!
- Advanced filters for your preferred insights
- Reads your feed and brings trends that matter to you
- Ability to share key industry insights with your team with a tap
- AI assistant is a welcome add-on
- Built-in AI research assistant
- Customized feed information
- Easy to organize different categories
- Lacks advanced features like outreach
- Pro: $6
- Pro+: $8.25
- Enterprise: Custom plan
Image via SocialPilot
Looking for a BuzzSumo alternative that can make content curation a piece of cake?
Here's SocialPilot for you – a content curation and influencer discovery tool for everyone.
Keeping up with social media platforms is not easy. However, SocialPilot helps you curate the best content and schedule posts easily.
The tool helps you easily share content on social media platforms with a single click.
Here's something you should know – you can even filter the results of the trending content by relevance and time. This makes it one of the best BuzzSumo alternatives.
How amazing is that?
- Search topics based on your geographic location
- Discover content through Twitter handles
- Easy to publish content to multiple social platforms
- Advanced filtering options
- Calendar overview makes content tracking simple
- Ability to manage multiple social accounts
- Affordable pricing
- Automatic posting on Instagram is not available
- Professional: $30 /month
- Small Team: $50/month
- Agency: $100/month
Image via Ahrefs
Ahrefs is a powerful BuzzSumo alternative that goes a step further in the content ideation process.
Did you know it has one of the fastest backlink crawlers and has crawled over 12 trillion links?
While BuzzSumo only shows you the most linked and trending content, Ahrefs allows you to check the most-visited pages, backlinks, and so much more.
Apart from the exclusive features like content discovery and content research – there are a number of things Ahrefs has to offer.
- Refined search results with advanced operators
- Rank tracking features
- In-depth research into a piece of content
- Discover broken links within seconds
- Easy assessment of competitor's content marketing strategy
- Huge database of keywords
- Vast backlink database that’s updated regularly
- Easy keyword research
- Effective competitive analysis
- It can take time to get used to its many features
- Lite: $99
- Standard: $179
- Advanced: $399
- Agency: $999
Image via Sprout Social
Everybody is on social media these days, but only a handful know how to do social media marketing the right way.
With Sprout Social's social media tools, you can track your campaigns' performance.
It is an ideal BuzzSumo alternative for marketers who find managing multiple brand campaigns challenging.
Sprout Social packs some top-notch integrations that make managing multiple social media accounts and routing messages directly a piece of cake.
You can reply to all the social media messages without switching your social media accounts – and that makes it one of the best BuzzSumo alternatives.
The built-in monitoring feature even lets you keep the mentions and comments in check and stay connected with your followers.
- One-stop platform to manage all your social media accounts
- Discover the latest trends to plan your content strategy
- Easy to publish content on multiple social platforms
- Single dashboard for all social media messages
- Streamline your manual social media tasks and grow your audience
- Robust social media analytics reporting
- Advanced social media scheduling
- Easy tracking of social media performance
- Has a costly price point to start
- 30-day free trial available.
- Standard: $99 per month
- Professional: $149 per month
- Advanced: $249 per month
Image via Oktopost
Oktopost is one of the best BuzzSumo alternatives as it’s specifically designed to meet content marketing needs and social media requirements of B2B businesses.
Equipped with an ROI measurement feature, it’s a handy B2B marketing tool that can take your campaigns to the next level.
Oktopost is a powerful platform that can maximize content visibility, engage more customers, and help monetize brands.
Apart from an extensive range of features, you can save time using it by streamlining approvals and scheduling posts. With such a platform at your disposal, achieving your marketing goals seems like a no-brainer.
- Ability to track engagement and social performance of your company
- Social media content scheduling features
- Promote social selling with integrated employee advocacy
- Help your team become more productive with marketing automation
- Easy planning and approvals from within the platform
- Direct integrations with CRM simplify a lot of things
- Might not be the best for B2C businesses
- Free demo available.
- Reach out to them for pricing info.
Q1. Is BuzzSumo a free tool?
A. Yes, BuzzSumo offers a free plan that comes with limited features. You can make 10 searches per month in this free plan. However, if you wish to utilize it more than that, you’d have to opt for the paid plan.
Q2. What does BuzzSumo cost?
A. BuzzSumo has several price plans for its users to choose from. Apart from the Free Plan, they offer other plans like Pro ($99 per month), Plus ($179 per month), and Large ($299 per month). There is also an Enterprise Plan, but you have to contact the BuzzSumo team to know its pricing details.
Q3. What is BuzzSumo used for?
A. BuzzSumo is an incredible tool and is commonly used to discover the latest keywords, trending content, and monitor a brand's growth. Besides, you can also conduct competitor research and build content strategies as a paying user.
Q4. Are there any free tools like BuzzSumo?
A. There are quite a few BuzzSumo alternatives. Like BuzzSumo, all of these alternatives aren't free of cost, but you can definitely avail of some free trials.
- Sprout Social (30-day trial)
- Hootsuite (Free package with limited features)
Q5. Is BuzzSumo an app?
A. BuzzSumo is not an app but a cloud-based platform where you can ensure the best social engagement strategy for your brand. However, the interface of BuzzSumo is quite smooth, which makes it easy to navigate around from any device.
Q6. How to use BuzzSumo for SEO?
A. BuzzSumo offers features like discovering and analyzing backlinks, which is beneficial for your content SEO and SERP rankings. You can also search for low-density keywords on BuzzSumo and use them in your content for better rankings.
Q7. Who uses BuzzSumo?
A. BuzzSumo is widely used by companies worldwide. Besides companies and popular brands, bloggers and entrepreneurs also commonly use the tool.
Q8. Why should I use BuzzSumo?
A. Using BuzzSumo, you can automate a number of processes like competitor analysis, keyword research, social media management, and much more. If you had to do it manually, it would take days or, maybe, weeks.
Have You Selected Any of the BuzzSumo Alternatives Yet?
Imagine doing everything manually – keyword research to competitor analysis and tracking social insights – sounds challenging, right? That’s the reason you need a tool to help you with it all.
BuzzSumo is undoubtedly a great tool, but it comes with a hefty price tag.
There are many companies, especially SMEs, that cannot afford it. That’s where BuzzSumo alternatives can come to your rescue.
However, every company and brand has its unique requirements.
So, which BuzzSumo alternative will be the best for your team, and why?
Don’t forget to let us know in the comments below.