Are content writing tools the best bet to bring the right balance between creativity and SEO requirements in your content?
No doubt that there is an enormous demand for creative and engaging content.
Don’t believe us?
Then, you need to check out this stat by Demand Metric: Their survey says that 91% of B2B marketers and 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing.
Interestingly though, not all of them follow the same content marketing strategy. In fact, B2B marketers say that, on average, they use 12 different content marketing tactics to make their content stand out.
But then, how can content writers pace up to meet this mammoth demand without losing their sanity?
To help writers maintain content quality with productivity, content writing tools were invented. They can be utilized in every content writing scenario to elevate good content to amazing marketable stuff.
We understand that the hundreds of tools available out there may make you feel mad as a hatter!
Relax, we've got you covered.
We have put together verified information about the best content writing tools in 2021.
So, are you ready to explore?
Then, here we go.
7 Content Writing Tools Every Writer Should Try
Writing quality content consistently can be a challenge even for the pros. Content writing tools help you iron out the glitches in a piece of content, making it highly engaging.
Are you a newbie eager to learn how to start a blog or a seasoned writer looking to monetize your skills? Irrespective of your mastery over the content creation process, this list of best writing tools is a must-read for you.
So let's get going.
Image Source ProWritingAid
Genuine, affordable, and super easy to use!
ProWritingAid is an advanced style editor and grammar checking tool specially designed for writers of all kinds.
It is designed to check smaller pieces of content like blog posts, articles, and news to more comprehensive documents.
ProWritingAid is compatible with Mac and Windows browsers. You can easily access this editing tool while working on Google Docs or Microsoft Word and utilize live editing suggestions.
- Checking spellings and grammar
- Detect poor work choice
- Point out poor readability
- Check variation in tenses
- Highly sophisticated content writing tool
- Ease of use
- Detailed insights
- Pocket-friendly pricing
- The free version has a word limit of 500 words
- It feels like a heavy application
- It is best suited for bloggers and business writers. Many of the premium version features favour novelists and story writers. Postgraduate students or academicians can use it for polishing their dissertation papers.
- Monthly Subscription: $20 per month
- Yearly Subscription: $79 per year
- Lifetime: $399
Image Source Grammarly
Grammarly is every writer's staple!
Since this content writing tool was integrated with Google Docs, almost everyone uses it subconsciously to elevate the quality of their content.
You can check grammar, punctuation, spelling, and even plagiarism with the premium version of this editing tool.
- It offers real-time grammar corrections
- Suggestions and explanations are easy to understand
- It allows you to customize reports
- One of the most accessible content editing tool
- Competitive pricing
- Presently available only on Google Docs
- The free version has minimal features
- This tool is meant for every kind of writer who wants to scale up the quality of their content. From bloggers to students, authors, and web content writers, everyone can use Grammarly with ease.
- Beginner to Intermediate
Grammarly offers a free plan with limited checks for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. For more advanced features like tone check and word choice options, they offer two paid plans:
- Grammarly Premium: $12 per month onwards
- Grammarly Business: Price on request
3. Yoast SEO
Image Source Yoast
If you own a self-hosted WordPress site, Yoast is a must-have content writing tool.
It is pretty popular among WordPress users owing to the variety of advanced features it packs in.
That's no surprise considering that the company has helped more than 300,000 users master website content until now.
- Focuses on increasing page ranking
- Readability check
- Keyword optimization
- Manages technical configurations for better SEO
- Internal link-building suggestions
- Quality content insight
- It is mainly a web optimization tool so content writing is just an add-on
- Valid only for WordPress websites
- WordPress website owners can benefit the most from Yoast SEO. The free version of the plugin contains all the essential features to get you started.
- Beginner to Intermediate
- Yoast SEO Premium: $89 + VAT (for one site)
Additional discounts are available when you go for more websites.
Image Source Reedsy
Self-publishing is picking up in popularity among authors. Reedsy is a unique content writing tool designed to assist writers in this endeavor.
This online author service marketplace allows book writers to collaborate with professionals for editing, design, illustration, marketing, and ghostwriting services.
It's an entire ecosystem of crafting refined books where you can hire freelancers for just about any service related to self-publishing books.
- A marketplace of professional freelancers for all services related to book writing
- You can choose the professional you want to collaborate with
- Reedsy Book Editor to simplify the content-creation process
- Reedsy Learning courses to help authors transverse self-publishing
- Not an excellent choice for bloggers and content writers.
- Still a limited pool of service providers
- No audiobook services
- Reedsy is a perfect marketplace for self-publishing authors. It not only helps you get connected with top-notch service providers but also gives access to a vast collection of resources to help you craft a wonderful book.
- Authors and freelancers decide on the cost based on the service provided. Reedsy charges a service fee.
Image Source Hemingway
Hemmingway Editor is an advanced editing tool to help you stay on top of your game as a professional writer.
From detecting common writing errors to fine-tuning your SEO content writing, the tool can do it all.
You can shuffle between the writing and editing modes to instantly incorporate the suggestions into the write-up.
What's more, once you have finished writing, you can push your blog post directly on WordPress or Medium right away.
- Free content writing platform with very good editing features.
- Points out common to advanced grammatical errors.
- Helps streamline your content writing style.
- Designed to assess the reading level of your blog piece.
- Not a great option for long documents
- Focuses on a limited set of grammar features
- Formatting and organizing features are not comparable to other leading tools
- Hemmingway Editor's writing and editing features are appealing to a large variety of writers. From bloggers to copywriters, social media influencers, and ghostwriters, all can polish their written material with the help of this great tool.
- Beginner to Intermediate
- Hemingway Editor 3: $19.99 per month
Image Source WebFX
How would you like a readability score checker?
Readability Test by WebFX is an innovative tool that helps you gauge the readability of a piece of creative content and make it more engaging.
It is powered by a set of specific readability algorithms that score your content based on sentence length, sentence complexity, average word length, familiarity, relevant keywords, and much more.
What makes Readability Test unique is its ability for text analysis, URL analysis, advanced highlighting engine, and comprehensive readability analysis.
- Checks overall readability in minutes
- Powered by proprietary ReadablePro algorithm
- Very easy to use
- An economically-priced content writing tool
- Data seems complicated to analyze
- It may not be suitable for larger pieces of content like scripts and books
- It is best suited for digital marketing copywriters. The tool makes a piece more SEO-friendly by boosting readability, grammar, and keyword analysis. Readable can also be pretty useful for researchers, journalists, and university students.
- It’s free for everyone.
Image Source Thesaurus
Thesaurus is one the most widely trusted productivity tools brought to you by Dictionary.com.
Being operational for over two decades, Thesaurus is one of the earliest online content writing tools used by writers from all walks of life.
It offers grammar and writing tips to elevate your content quality.
With its help, writers can expand their vocabulary and make their writing style a lot more effortless.
- Thesaurus has a simple interface
- Checks plagiarism, synonyms, and definitions
- Works for entry-level writers
- May not have essential features like keyword analysis, readability check, and so on
- It does not offer live checking
- It cannot be integrated into Google Docs or WordPress
- Anyone and everyone who wants to write refined English content can utilize Thesaurus. As the features are more inclined towards improving the quality of the language of your content and less towards its SEO elements, Thesaurus may be an appropriate tool for writing academic content.
- Thesaurus is free for all.
Q1. What are content writing tools?
A. Quality content is mandatory to engage your audience. But we know for a fact that ideas sometimes fail, taglines fall flat, and content fails to impress.
Content writing tools are software programs designed to assist bloggers, journalists, storytellers, and all kinds of content creators in churning out highly engaging content day after day.
These online writing tools help elevate the quality of a written piece and make it SEO-friendly.
Q2. Which app is used for content writing?
A. Currently, Grammarly is one of the most extensively used content writing tools by writers.
Why is it so popular? One apparent reason is that Google owns this writing tool. The edits it suggests will make your content more suitable for all search engines.
The ease of use is yet another reason why Grammarly is so popular. And then, of course, Grammarly is free!
Q3. Why are content marketing tools necessary?
A. The content writing process isn't always a cakewalk; it's a back-bending exhausting task. Content creation tools are specifically designed to make the task of writers a lot easier and stress-free.
Content writing tools help make your blog post readable, engaging, and SEO-friendly. While most tools have free versions to extensive usage, paid versions come packed with premium features to make your content exceptional.
Q4. Do content writing tools impact your SEO strategy?
A. Well-optimized content is an essential pillar of any SEO strategy. Google's complex algorithm throws a massive challenge at content writers in writing blog posts that engage the readers and impress the search engines.
That's where content writing tools work their magic. Developers build this writing software based on Google's expectations; thus helping writers produce content for search engine optimization.
Q5. How to choose an appropriate content writing tool?
A. There are plenty of good content writing tools in the market. Here’s what you need to consider while choosing a tool that helps you create content that matters:
- What is the purpose of your writing
- The writing process you follow
- The features offered by the content writing tools
- Ease of use and accessibility
- How much does it cost
There you have it, the seven best content writing tools you should consider in 2021.
Each of the above-mentioned editing tools focuses on elevating the overall quality of a given piece of content.
Based on the kind of content creation tasks you handle, choose the most appropriate tool and try it yourself.
Have we missed any great content writing tools in this post? Share your favourite editing tools in the comments below and help the writers community!