What’s with all the hype around influencer marketing tools?
Influencer marketing is all the rage on social media these days.
More and more consumers are turning to their favorite social media influencers to make purchasing decisions.
Why, you may ask?
People trust influencers for their knowledge, transparency, and authenticity. Moreover, influencer marketing has proven to be especially lucrative for businesses.
According to a report by Linqia, 71% of enterprise marketers said that they would increase their influencer marketing budgets in 2021.
Image via Linqia
Now, you may be sure about what you want from influencer marketing. But, how do you get started? How can you maximize ROI?
Here’s the short answer: you need the right influencer marketing tools.
Ready to find some of the best influencer marketing tools?
The Top 7 Influencer Marketing Tools in 2021
There are a number of tools that can help streamline your influencer marketing campaigns. What’s more, new solutions and tools are cropping up every other day.
Now, while that’s good news, how do you find the best ones?
Don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
As you go deeper into this article, you’ll discover some of the best influencer marketing tools, their key features, pros and cons, as well as their ease of use.
Some of the tools in the list offer free plans!
Read on to improve your influencer marketing strategy by using the right tools for your campaigns.
Image via BuzzSumo
Although BuzzSumo is primarily used for content research, it serves as an equally powerful influencer marketing tool.
BuzzSumo uses a cloud-based system to help users find influencers, and even track their own relative influence with their audience. This tool allows you to scan through millions of influencers, their likes, interests, and number of followers.
- BuzzSumo helps you find influencers on various social platforms, and is especially useful for Twitter.
- The tool lets you unearth top-performing Facebook Pages in seconds.
- It helps you discover the influencers your competitors are partnering with.
- It enables you to set up real-time monitoring and create alerts for top influencers, bloggers, and journalists.
- It has a massive influencer database.
- The tool works well for research, monitoring, and analytics.
- It offers incredible customer support.
- It’s a bit more expensive than its competitors.
- It isn’t available for emerging networks such as TikTok.
- The tool doesn’t offer many integrations.
- The interface can seem a bit complicated to first-time users.
- Collins Online Marketing Services, a marketing strategy and content creation company, was spending a lot of time and resources vetting influencers and staying up-to-date with trends.
- BuzzSumo gave them faster access to what’s happening in the industry, as well as a simplistic way to pinpoint relevant influencers.
- No matter what plan you choose, BuzzSumo offers a 30-day free trial.
- The tool has a free plan (with limited features).
- As for paid plans, the Pro plan costs $99/month, Plus costs $179/month, and Large costs $299/month.
Pro Tip: BuzzSumo often generates very broad results. Try to filter your search as much as possible to find the most relevant results.
Image via Heepsy
The second one on our list of influencer marketing tools is Heepsy. This tool lets you find and analyze influencers quickly. It offers a set of innovative filters and advanced metrics, making the influencer search straightforward.
- Heepsy allows users to filter the influencer search results by location, category, followers, engagement, and more.
- It lets you smoothly organize relevant influencers into coherent lists and categories.
- It helps you find the right influencers in your niche by offering detailed statistics on engagement rates, comments/likes ratios, and audience quality.
- Has a database of over 11 million Instagram influencers worldwide.
- Shows how much of an influencer’s audience is fake.
- Enables quick scanning of numerous influencer profiles.
- Provides extremely detailed report cards for influencers.
- Much more reasonable pricing than competitors.
- The tool has a very small database of YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter influencers.
- Easy to use
- Heepsy offers a free version that lets you test all its features, but with a limited number of searches.
- Paid plans start at $49/month, and go up to $269/month.
Pro Tip: Use Heepsy’s Notes feature to update the stage of the campaign you are in.
Image via trendHERO
This tool positions itself as an influencer audit tool that makes influencer discovery a cakewalk. The tool boasts a large database of influencers and bloggers—more than 80 million accounts.
It allows users to filter influencers using more than 90 metrics, thus ensuring they find the right match.
Looking for an influencer who is a professional dancer and loves vegan food?
Rest assured that trendHERO will find you one!
- Enables advanced search of influencers by demographics, subscribers, engagement, and active accounts.
- Makes in-depth influencer vetting possible by revealing the various brands an influencer has promoted before.
- Lets you create your own collection of influencers, which can be easily exported into a PDF file.
- The tool checks business as well as personal accounts.
- It is equipped with advanced machine learning, which boosts campaign performance.
- It accepts more than 13 payment providers.
- It only works with Instagram.
- The tool isn’t well-optimized for smartphones.
- Easy to use with a simple and intuitive interface.
- It offers a free 14-day trial that lets you research 1 Instagram account with up to 10,000 followers.
- A free version with limited features is available.
- The tool has three paid plans—a Lite plan priced at $9.99 per month, a Pro plan that costs $29.99 per month, and an Advanced plan for $99.99 per month.
Pro Tip: Opt for the free version if you’re simply looking for basic influencer discovery and analysis.
Image via Awario
Positioned as a ‘brand monitoring tool’ instead of an influencer marketing tool, Awario embraces a rather different, yet interesting approach to influencer research.
Awario primarily leverages social listening to help you find influencers. Through the tool, you get notified every time an influential person talks about you, your brand, or your niche.
You can then reach out to these influencers, foster a positive relationship, and finally, collaborate with them.
- Awario helps you track relevant mentions and keywords to identify key influencers.
- The tool makes real-time monitoring for specific keywords possible, along with revealing the most influential accounts for that theme over time.
- It gives you a clear picture of the influencers’ likes, dislikes, behavior, and more.
- Awario has a good reputation for its support team.
- It monitors keywords on a number of platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Blogs & Forums, Reddit, News, and the Web.
- Users don’t need a credit card to opt for the free trial.
- Awario can be a bit tricky to use for newbies.
- It doesn’t support LinkedIn.
- Can be a bit of a learning curve owing to its unique approach to influencer research.
- Awario offers a free 7-day trial, which automatically expires if you don’t upgrade to a paid plan.
- The tool offers three different plans priced at $29/month, $89/month, and $299/month.
Pro Tip:If you’re sure about using Awario for at least a year, pay annually, and enjoy 2 months free.
Image via Ninja Outreach
Ninja Outreach is one of the best all-in-one influencer marketing tools trusted by marketers globally. The tool simplifies your influencer search by simply requiring you to enter relevant keywords.
Its built-in CRM makes campaign management a breeze.
- Ninja Outreach’s robust software helps brands access millions of influencers as well as their email addresses.
- It takes the manual work out of influencer outreach by offering automated email outreach campaigns.
- The tool makes it easy to organize your leads, track conversion histories, and keep track of email open rates.
- Ninja Outreach provides users with a bunch of custom email templates.
- Its Chrome extension makes it possible to use the tool on the go.
- The tool now includes YouTube and TikTok influencer data as well.
- It is quite expensive when compared to its counterparts.
- Pretty easy to use and learn on the go.
- Fiddler’s Dream Music, an entertainment agency, used Ninja Outreach to increase website traffic and generate business leads.
- Through just 10 campaigns, the brand was able to acquire several valuable leads.
- Ninja Outreach offers a 7-day free trial.
- As for paid plans, the tool offers two options—Flex which is billed at $299/month, and Pro, billed at $499/month.
Pro Tip: When subscribed to annually, Ninja Outreach offers a hefty 60% off!
Image via Followerwonk
For businesses that depend on Twitter religiously, Followerwonk is one of the best influencer marketing tools. It’s the go-to tool to find, understand, and analyze one’s Twitter followers and influencers.
However, it works only for Twitter.
So, if you want a tool that works for multiple channels, you should look for other good influencer marketing platforms.
- Followerwonk has the ability to search Twitter bios by specific keywords.
- Users can compare and contrast influencers against various metrics such as interests, influence, followers, etc.
- With this tool, you can effectively compare your social graph with your competitors’ and/or industry leaders’.
- Using the tool, it’s easy to uncover Twitter influencers even in obscure niches.
- Followerwonk holds twitter influencers accountable by revealing how many of their followers are real and/or active.
- It displays influencers’ social authority rankings.
- The interface isn’t very clean.
- The tool only supports Twitter, which can be restrictive.
- Followerwonk has an intuitive interface and is extremely easy to use.
- Followerwonk does not offer a free trial.
- Its Connect plan is free and can be used with up to 1 profile.
- Paid plans start at $29/month and go up to $79/month. The plans cost $23/month and $63/month respectively when billed annually.
Pro Tip: Take a look at Followerwonk’s spectacular graphical representations of data to make informed business decisions at a glance.
Image via Upfluence
Last on our list is Upfluence—one of the best influencer marketing tools with a massive database of influencers and content creators.
It is an end-to-end solution that allows you to browse through vetted influencers, manage influencer relationships, make influencer payments, and measure campaign performance.
- With Upfluence, you can ace your influencer search with its 20+ advanced search criteria.
- It lets you track down and activate organic ambassadors who already love your brand.
- It helps you manage all your influencer campaigns in one place.
- Upfluence works for all major social platforms like Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Twitch, and Tiktok.
- Users can save time by reaching out to multiple influencers at once.
- The tool also allows users to manage influencer payments.
- To use Upfluence, you need to invest in an annual plan.
- Easy to use
- Upfluence offers a free Chrome Extension.
- The tool has three paid plans—Growth, Scale, and Enterprise.
- Prices for the plans aren’t mentioned on the website.
Pro Tip: Narrow down your search with unique psychographic attributes such as cultural pursuits and brand affinities.
Q1. What are influencer marketing tools?
A. Influencer marketing tools are intended to streamline your influencer campaigns. These tools can help you find relevant influencers, measure performance metrics, gauge your brand presence on social media, and even leverage strong relationships with influencers.
All in all, using the right influencer marketing tools will save you time and boost revenue.
Q2. What tools do influencers use?
A. Influencers may use a number of tools to ease their social media efforts.
Some of the popular tools are:
Q3. How do I start as an influencer in marketing?
A. While there is no one way to go about starting as an influencer in marketing, here are some steps you can take:
- Build a loyal following.
- Figure out who you want to collaborate with.
- Prepare a compelling and personalized pitch for every brand you contact.
- Reach out to the brands you find relevant.
- Negotiate with interested brands.
- Sign your first contract.
- Be consistent.
Q4. What are the key benefits of influencer marketing?
A. Influencer marketing is a great tactic for both small businesses and large ones.
Influencer marketing can help you:
- Reach your target audience.
- Generate relevant and engaging content.
- Get a higher ROI than traditional marketing.
- Helps build brand awareness and trust.
- Save time and resources.
To squeeze the most value out of influencer marketing, pick a tool that suits your needs and budget best.
Q5. What are the best influencer marketing tools in 2021?
A. The best influencer marketing tools in 2021 are:
- Ninja Outreach
Q6. What's the best tool to find social media influencers?
A. There are many tools to discover, analyze, and shortlist the right social media influencers for your brand. Some of the best ones are:
- Ninja Outreach
Q7. How do I become an influencer?
A. Despite the competitive nature of the market, it is very much possible to become an influencer today. Try to keep the following points in mind:
- Choose a niche that you’re interested in.
- Understand what your audience wants and needs.
- Create and share engaging content consistently.
- Network with fellow influencers within the industry.
- Reach out to brands you’d like to collaborate with.
Q8. Who is the best influencer?
A. While it’s hard to name the best influencer, here are some characteristics of a good influencer:
- The ability to create good content
- A mind for marketing
Q9. How much are influencers paid per post?
A. The cost per post mainly depends on the number of followers an influencer has. Here’s a quick rundown of per-post influencer marketing costs in 2021:
- Nano influencers (1-10k followers): $10-100
- Micro-influencers (10k to 100k followers): $100-500
- Maco influencers (100k to 1m followers): $500-$10k
- Mega influencers (1m+ followers): $10k+
Which of these Influencer Marketing Tools Should You Use?
Which influencer marketing tool you choose completely depends on your requirements, budget, and preferences.
For instance, if you’re keen on working with Twitter influencers, Followerwonk could be your best bet! If the idea of discovering influencers via social listening appeals to you, give Awario a try.
And, if a massive database of influencers is high on your priority list, trendHERO could be a great fit!
Keep this listicle handy at all times. Be clear about your needs and expectations, and compare all the tools before you make a decision.
Have you tried any of the tools on our list? If yes, we’d love to learn about your experience.