Growth is hard. However, it is also one of the key goals for any business or startup.
This explains why growth hacking tools are all the rage amongst marketers right now.
In simple words, growth hacking is the process of making the most of your marketing strategies, in a way that maximizes results and minimizes costs.
And who doesn’t want that?
One of the widely-believed myths, however, is that traditional marketers cannot take on growth hacking roles. This stems from the idea that growth hacking requires one to have a set of technical skills such as data tracking, analytics, and coding.
Now, while this might’ve been the case until a few years back, things are blatantly different today.
There are several online growth hacking tools that empower even non-coders to accelerate growth for their company.
The Best Growth Hacking Tools in 2021
In fact, Dropbox grew from 100K users to 4M within a span of 15 months and with minimal investment.
So that you too can reap the benefits of this kickass strategy, we’ve collated a list of 6 of the best growth hacking tools—both free and paid.
We will also walk you through each tool’s key features, pros, cons, usability, and some smart tips.
Now, without further ado, let’s get started.
1. Hello Bar
Image via Hello Bar
Hello Bar is an incredibly simple tool that can help you turn site visitors into leads, subscribers, and buyers. It gives users access to beautifully designed pop-ups such as bars, modals, and sliders to leverage a variety of custom CTAs.
However, don’t let the platform’s name fool you. It offers a lot more than just notification bars. Let’s find out what else you can do with it.
- You can schedule offers and messaging by date, time, type of visitors, and more.
- The ability to track, analyze, and optimize performance.
- Hundreds of pre-built themes and styles.
- A Design Assistant that automatically detects your site design and matches colors, fonts, and styles.
- A/B testing features.
- It enables you to promote your website through various social media channels.
- Pre-built integrations with a number of platforms and tools.
- Easy sign-up and one-click installation.
- Doesn’t require you to have coding skills.
- Hello Bar’s paid plans are relatively expensive.
- Several limitations on the number of views allotted with each plan.
- Right from the set-up to the usage, Hello Bar is extremely straightforward to use.
Unfortunately, Hello Bar doesn’t come with a free trial. However, it does offer a free Starter plan with certain limitations. Check out its paid plans below:
- Growth: $29 per month
- Premium: $49 per month
- Elite: $99 per month
Pro Tip: Hello Bar’s Exit-Intent technology is one of the best growth hacking strategies to reduce cart abandonment.
Image via SnapEngage
If you’re a growth marketer looking for an easy way to engage with your website visitors, SnapEngage is a great tool. A live chat platform, SnapEngage offers a suite of innovative features that will help you retain existing customers, along with finding new ones.
Want to know the best part?
SnapEngage offers a completely personalized professional onboarding service.
- It lets you engage with potential customers right where they are through mobile-optimized chat, Facebook messenger, Zalo integrations, and more.
- Easy to set up and highly customizable CRM integrations.
- A smart chatbot that will make your website visitors feel taken care of.
- Advanced reporting and analytics for you to better understand your leads.
- The Design Studio helps you create fully customizable chat boxes, backgrounds, buttons, and more.
- It offers a spectacular video conferencing experience.
- It is extremely easy to manage multiple chats at once.
- It enables real-time translation of more than 100 languages.
- There is no dedicated mobile app.
- To use SnapEngage, you need to pay annually.
- SnapEngage is extremely easy to use and comes with heaps of tutorials and support to fall back on.
No free trial is offered by SnapEngage. As for its pricing plans, there are three options:
- Essentials: From $16 per user per month
- Professional: From $26 per user per month
- Enterprise: Needs to be customized as per your requirements
Pro Tip: Reap the benefits of SnapEngage’s Onboarding Assistance Program to guarantee success from the very beginning.
Image via Nimble
Next on our list of growth hacking tools is Nimble. Nimble is a popular CRM software that helps you take control of your customer data. It is trusted by 140,000 professionals from across the globe and has closed over 10 million deals to date.
How, you may ask?
Let’s find out.
- Nimble allows you to create and manage an unlimited number of custom pipelines.
- It updates contacts with a sea of information including company name, education, shared relationships, mutual interests, contact details, etc.
- You can easily segment prospects to reach out and connect with.
- It can greatly enrich your social media marketing strategy.
- Nimble works everywhere you work—in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Gmail, as well as on your browser.
- Nimble only offers one pricing plan.
- Its dashboard requires design improvements.
- Nimble comes with an intuitive interface that’s easy to learn and use.
Unlike most other growth tools, Nimble offers a free trial for 14 days where you can test out its features. Let’s take a look at its pricing plans:
- Nimble Business: $25 per user per month
Pro Tip: Keep close tabs on the ‘What’s New’ section on Nimble’s website. The platform is constantly updating itself with kickass features.
Image via Mailchimp
Mailchimp is one of the best email marketing tools out there. However, over recent years, it has integrated more advanced features.
Today, you can use Mailchimp to create ad campaigns, build landing pages, and even leverage reporting and analytics. Mailchimp is truly one of the best all-in-one marketing platforms for small businesses.
- Mailchimp’s marketing automation software helps you send targeted emails based on predetermined triggers.
- Its new Customer Journey feature allows you to set up automated and dynamic journey maps.
- A Creative Assistant that helps marketers create custom designs for multiple channels.
- Individual campaign reports and interactive graphs to monitor performance.
- Over 250 app integrations.
- An award-winning customer support team that’s prompt and reliable.
- A mobile app that makes it easy to manage your account on the fly.
- Lack of options for customization of email templates.
- Campaign tracking is a bit limited.
- Despite the huge number of features, Mailchimp is easy to use for both experts and beginners.
Just like Hello Bar, Mailchimp doesn’t offer a free trial. However, it does provide a free plan that’s just perfect for beginners. Here are the paid plans you can choose from:
- Essentials: $9.99 per month
- Standard: $14.99 per month
- Premium: $299.99 per month
Pro Tip: Need help accomplishing your marketing goals or simply using Mailchimp? Use Mailchimp’s Experts Directory to hire an expert.
Now, let’s take a look at some other growth hacking tools.
Image via Qualaroo
Qualaroo is an automated research platform that helps growth marketers discover insights about website visitors. This software goes way beyond the ‘what’—it unearths ‘why’ people are doing what they’re doing.
And because Qualaroo responses catch your visitor in real-time, they are 10 times more valuable than email surveys.
- A variety of excellent question survey templates that gather customer feedback, and enable companies to qualify leads.
- A Sentiment Analysis for users to gauge what their customers think about their services.
- The ability to respond to user feedback in real-time.
- Qualaroo integrates well with a number of tools and platforms.
- Customer support is very prompt and helpful.
- The dashboard’s visuals and design need improvement.
- The price is on the higher side, and you need to pay the whole year’s fee at once.
- Qualaroo is really simple to set up and use.
Interested users can try any Qualaroo plan for free for 15 days. Check out its paid pricing plans:
- Essentials: $80 per month
- Premium: $160 per month
- Enterprise: Needs to be customized as per your requirements
Pro Tip: Go through Qualaroo’s elaborate Guides to make the most of your marketing efforts.
Image via Marketo Engage
Marketo Engage is one of the best marketing automation software that has improved marketing campaigns for thousands of businesses.
It helps growth hackers bring together customer data, content, automation and analytics, to keep customers coming back for more.
- AI-powered content to impress your customers.
- Insightful data that enrich customer profiles.
- You can personalize your site experience for anonymous site visitors.
- A visual editor and fully responsive templates to create stunning automated emails.
- Exceptional integration with Salesforce.
- A highly active community of users to seek encouragement and inspiration from.
- No pricing details are mentioned on the website.
- Its landing page builder is a bit limiting.
- It’s very complex for beginners.
- The software can take some time to understand and get used to.
No free trial is available for Marketo Engage. It offers four paid plans as given below. However, you need to contact their sales team for further information on pricing.
Pro Tip: Make the most of Marketo Engage by using its social media marketing tools.
Q1. What is growth hacking?
A. Growth hacking is the process of making the most of your marketing strategies, in a way that maximizes results and minimizes costs.
Q2. What is an example of growth hacking?
A. Several big brands have put growth hacking to incredible use. One of the most iconic examples is that of Dropbox. In its initial days, the brand granted anyone who invited another friend to create an Account on Dropbox 250 MB of extra storage space.
Signups shot up by 60% almost overnight.
Q3. Is growth hacking good?
A. Growth hacking is a spectacular strategy to convert leads and expand your audience reach. Don’t let the name fool you—growth hacking is completely legal and ethical, and has helped big brands from across the world grow their business exponentially.
Q4. What are the best growth hacking tools?
A. Some of the best growth hacking tools in 2021 are:
- Hello Bar
- Marketo Engage
Q5. What are some free and good growth hacking tools out there?
A. Tools such as Hello Bar and Mailchimp offer free plans that work incredibly well for growth hacking.
That being said, you shouldn’t discard the idea of paying for a growth hacking tool your business may need. The investment almost always pays off in the long run.
Q6. What is the best free tool for startups to do growth hacking?
A. There is a sea of free tools for startups to get started with growth hacking. However, two of the best ones are Mailchimp and Hello Bar.
Q7. What is the best way to learn growth hacking?
A. Some of the best ways to learn growth hacking are to sign up for online courses, read tutorials, and keep close tabs on other brands’ growth hacking strategies.
You can also learn by investing in a great growth hacking tool and learning on the fly.
Q8. How can I become a growth hacker?
A. You should start by reading everything you can about growth hacking. To make things easier, you can also find yourself a mentor, learn analytics, and invest in a growth hacking tool.
Q9. What is your favorite growth hacking tip?
A. One of the most valuable and effective growth hacking tips is to conduct as much A/B testing as possible. You should do this especially for the conversion-heavy areas of your website such as:
- Landing pages
- End of blog posts
- Sales pages
Q10. Why is growth hacking important?
A. Growth hacking is important because it will help you grow fast while using as few resources as possible.
Ready to Grow Your Business Quickly?
Growth hacking becomes much easier when you’ve got some help to rely on.
These 6 growth hacking tools will guarantee you an organized, result-oriented way to take your business to the next level.
Have you tried any other growth hacking tools? If yes, do tell us about your experience in the comments below.